We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Between 2 Arlington Residence Inns...

Which Arlington hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
Between 2 Arlington Residence Inns...

I will be traveling to the Wash DC area in early June. The plan is to stay with a friend for the first few days and then move on to a hotel. (Because after 3 days house guests and fish begin to stink! ) Ha!

Coming from the Boston area... might drive.. might come by bus or maybe the train..not sure on that part yet. I AM sure that I will need a hotel room for me and my 11 year daughter for June 7th- June 10th.

After much research and reading on this forum I have narrowed down my options to the Residence Inn Arlington Courthouse and the Residence Inn Arlington Rosslyn.

Rosslyn has a lower price and is one stop closer on the metro and closer to Key Bridge if we wanted to walk to Georgetown. Bonus:Starbucks is nearby.

Courthouse is a bit more per night but rated higher overall on tripadvisor... plus it has a pool which is nice too. Bonus: Five Guys is nearby.

I plan to get the 7 day short trip pass for the metro so I don't think the one stop difference will make a difference as far as cost. I believe the time difference is only about 2 minutes.

If I can get the Courthouse location for the Rosslyn price... that would be a win.

Am I missing anything important to add to the decision making process?

We are on a very tight budget. I would rather pay closer to $100/night (Rosslyn) than the $152/night (Courthouse) but... also put value on comfort.

Thoughts?

Thank You!

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
reviews: 31
1. Re: Between 2 Arlington Residence Inns...

One important thing to factor in: Court House station is served only by the Metro orange line. Rosslyn is served by both the orange and blue lines. That means when you catch the Metro into / out of the city, you'll generally wait half as long for a train if you are staying in Rosslyn, as you can take whichever train comes next and not need to wait for orange.

Other than that, I'd say you've mapped out the pros and cons of the two hotels nicely.

Unrelated, I'd suggest you start keeping your eyes open for sale fares on flights between Boston and D.C. The drive / bus / train trips are many times longer than the flight, and with Jet Blue serving the D.C. / Boston route sometimes you can get sale fares of around $100 a person round trip. In my mind that's well worth the price over the other options. If it were me I'd save the $50 a night, stay in Rosslyn, and put the proceeds towards airline tickets.

Haverhill...
reviews: 36
2. Re: Between 2 Arlington Residence Inns...

I actually went thru the same decision and ended up booking at the Courthouse Residents Inn.

The Metro is a pro at Rossyln, but I figure it will only be used going and coming back....the rest of my time will be spent at the hotel, plus I used points for my stay, so money was not an option. It was significantly more to stay at the Courthouse Residents....about $150 more for a one bedroom suite.

Edited: 12:26 pm, March 26, 2012
3. Re: Between 2 Arlington Residence Inns...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:42 pm, June 18, 2013