We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

vacation

Which Arlington hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Westfield...
reviews: 1
vacation

Which option is a better one for sightseeing in DC? Crystal City or Rosyln? We have an event on the weekend at JW marriot and will be moving there fri and sat but want to go down for the week prior to see the sights. Also which location in closer to Reagan? We would like to use the metro system and not have to rent a car. Thank you

Washington DC...
reviews: 51
1. Re: vacation

Crystal city is closer to Reagan.. Roslyn is rather dead at night.

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
reviews: 31
2. Re: vacation

They both are good options for basing a trip to D.C. As noted, Crystal City is closer to Reagan (it is right next to the airport -- some of the hotels look out onto the airport grounds), but Rosslyn is only about 10 minutes away by either cab or Metro. I'd say both Crystal City and Rosslyn are dead at night; some of the Rosslyn hotels will put you walking distance from Georgetown in D.C. via the Key Bridge, which has more nightlife.

So for your purposes, I'd pick the best hotel in your budget range that's in one of the two areas, or the one closest to a Metro station (e.g. Crystal City, Pentagon City, or Rosslyn stations).

Washington DC...
reviews: 49
3. Re: vacation

I would agree that either would be fine.

I might lean toward Rosslyn because it's a short metro ride or walk to the Courthouse/Clarendon corridor which is loaded with restaurants.

Washington DC...
reviews: 49
4. Re: vacation

Oh and definitely try to eat at Ray's the Steaks in Courthouse.

raysthesteaks.com/

Arlington, Virginia
reviews: 99
5. Re: vacation

Clarendon definitely is hopping in the evening with restaurants, bars and even shopping. It's a 5-minute ride via Metro from Rosslyn and a 15-minute ride (with a change of train in Rosslyn) from Crystal City.

I agree that you should just choose the hotel that best fits your budget. You will be close to wherever you want to go (Washington, D.C., National Airport or even Clarendon) no matter if you choose Rosslyn or Crystal City.

6. Re: vacation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:21 pm, June 07, 2013