We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Business trip in January

Which Arlington hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa
reviews: 215
Business trip in January

I was going to go to the DC forum, but since we are probably staying at the marriot in Crystal City, I have a few questions. Is there any to do in the area at night? Pubs etc.? How easy is it to get to DC tourist attractions and how's the weather?

Springfield, VA
reviews: 147
1. Re: Business trip in January

There are two Marriotts in Crystal City. Both are connected to the Crystal City Underground, which is a complex of shops and restaurants that is all under the hotels and office buildings there. Google "Crystal City Underground" for more details. There are also a number of aboveground restaurants.

The Crystal City Metro stop is also part of the underground and you can easily get into DC using the subway.

January can be the coldest month of the year with highs just barely in the low 40s and lows in the 20s. If there is a snow, be prepared for the fact that the DC area doesn't always handle it well.

Arlington, Virginia
reviews: 101
2. Re: Business trip in January

You've gotten a good response from Carol, but you might want to also post this question in the D.C. forum if you are looking for more replies. Although Crystal City is actually in Virginia, questions and answers about the greater D.C. metropolitan area appear there more frequently and Crystal City in definitely within that region.

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
reviews: 37
3. Re: Business trip in January

Agreed with all the advice you've gotten so far, with the exception of Carol's statement that "If there is a snow, be prepared for the fact that the DC area doesn't always handle it well."

If there's snow, D.C. doesn't EVER handle it well. This town is pathetic in wintry weather. Schools have closed based on the threat of receiving snow, and accumulations on the roads of two or three inches have led to hours-long debilitating traffic jams. The good news for you is that you're near underground Metro stations -- that part of the system keeps running in snow, but even the above-ground stations in our subway system close for snow or ice from time to time.

Coming from Ottawa, if you're here at one of those times, you'll laugh and think we're the softest most pathetic creatures on the continent.

Ottawa
reviews: 215
4. Re: Business trip in January

Thank you all very much. I'll play it by ear when I get there.

To Longhorn 74, I think I am the only Texas fan up here, beat Bama!

5. Re: Business trip in January

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, June 13, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Arlington
Recent Conversations