We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hampton Inn Alexandria and travel to DC

Which Alexandria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle, Washington
reviews: 8
Hampton Inn Alexandria and travel to DC

I am trying to figure out if it is even a good idea to consider the Hampton Inn in Alexandria for our trip. We (my husband and I and our 17 year-old son) will be in the area from 9/11 through 9/14 and our plan is to go to the Nat's game on Friday night and sightsee before that.

I cannot even remotely afford staying in DC, so I am looking further out. I realize I need to ride the Metro into DC. Is there a metro stop even near the area? I am really just looking for any advice you can offer to someone that is traveling from Seattle and has no idea of the area at all. Thanks so much for your guidance and help!

Arlington, Virginia
reviews: 99
1. Re: Hampton Inn Alexandria and travel to DC

The link in your posting is for the Hampton Inn at 4800 Leesburg Pike in Alexandria. (There are some other Hampton Inns in other parts of Alexandria.) Unfortunately, this particular Hampton Inn is not convenient for visiting D.C. because it's not near any Metro stations. There are buses that run along Leesburg Pike that can take you to a Metro station, but it would take a lot of time to get to D.C. from there.

There are several affordable choices in Arlington which are within walking distance of Metro stations. The rates at any of these hotels are about the same (or less) than the rate I see at the Hampton Inn for the dates you quote. I suggest you look at the Best Western Iwo Jima, the Holiday Inn Rosslyn @ Key Bridge and the Americana Hotel. The first two hotels are within walking distance of the Rosslyn Metro station and the Americana Hotel is within walking distance of the Crystal City and Pentagon City Metro stations. That's about as close as you can get to D.C. without being in D.C.

(These hotels are well-rated here on Trip Advisor. I, personally, stayed in the Best Western Iwo Jima for a couple of nights last year when Arlington experienced wide-spread power outages due to storms. I found it to be a very clean, quiet and comfortable hotel.)

Edited: 11:47 pm, August 21, 2013
Seattle, Washington
reviews: 8
2. Re: Hampton Inn Alexandria and travel to DC

Thank you, longhorn74, that is just the info I needed.

3. Re: Hampton Inn Alexandria and travel to DC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, August 24, 2014