We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spring hill suit alexendriato to down town dc

Which Alexandria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Spring hill suit alexendriato to down town dc

I am going to dc and will be staying at spring hill suit alexandria at 6065 richmond hwy.

What is better way to travel dc on saturday sunday via metro ( huntington) or via car.

Also hotel provide shuttle to huntington metro

We are familly of 2 adults and 3 kids ( 12, 10 and 2).

3 replies to this topic
Alexandria, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Alexandria
reviews: 72
1. Re: Spring hill suit alexendriato to down town dc

Saturday or Sundays if early enough, are worth driving into town to park dependent upon where you are headed...ie Lincoln or Jefferson monuments, Arlington cemetery! Smithsonian, is always wiser to Metro, downtown parking is ALWAYS dicey and the most efficient government agency is the dreaded parking bureau! Don't risk it with the ambiguous signage and large fees! Just Metro it to the Smithsonian!

Arlington, Virginia
reviews: 89
2. Re: Spring hill suit alexendriato to down town dc

Driving into D.C. on a Saturday or Sunday should not be a problem from this location, provided there's not some event (such as the upcoming 50th Anniversary of the March on Washington or a major running event) which will result in road closures. If you travel on a Saturday, I would park in a parking garage so you don't have to worry about finding an on-street parking space and "feeding the meters". D.C. is rabid about parking enforcement and has very confusing parking regulations, so there's always a high likelihood of being ticketed or even towed. Popular parking garages are the ones in Union Station or the Ronald Reagan Building. A useful website for finding parking garages is: http://washingtondc.bestparking.com/

If you are driving in on a Sunday, parking is free and spaces are relatively easy to find, especially if you come early. I can almost always find spaces in the Penn Quarter area of D.C. (My "go to" area is on Indiana Avenue NW between 4th and 5th Streets.) That puts you within easy walking distance of the Mall.

BTW, are you sure that the SpringHill Suites offers a shuttle to the Huntington Metro station? I couldn't find that info on their website.

3. Re: Spring hill suit alexendriato to down town dc

I talked to them about shuttle and thanks for your input.

Also by taxi also not bad as it cost $10 the most as per front desk at spring suit.

Reply to: Spring hill suit alexendriato to down town dc
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted