We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dulles Airport to Alexandria

Which Alexandria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
england
reviews: 2
Dulles Airport to Alexandria

I am flying into Dulles airport on Sunday (30th June) and am staying in Alexandria. Having a look about I think the best and cheapest way for me to get to Alexandria is to take the Washington flyer coach to West Falls Church Metro Station and then get the metro to King Street.Would you say this is the best & most economical way to get there? We will not be hiring a car during out stay, just using public transport

thanks

Arlington, Virginia
reviews: 94
1. Re: Dulles Airport to Alexandria

The 5A bus from IAD to Rosslyn followed by the Blue Line Metro to King Street would be a little cheaper. Check out the details (schedule and fares) at www.wmata.com

Alexandria, Virginia
reviews: 136
2. Re: Dulles Airport to Alexandria

Sounds about right. There is also a shuttle to the airport from some of the major hotels downtown and in Northern Va right to Dulles for <30$. Haven't taken myself, search the Washington Post travel section on their website, every now and then they have info on how to get to various airports.

3. Re: Dulles Airport to Alexandria

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 09, 2014