We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi from Nat Gallery to Springhill Marriott Richmond Hwy

Which Alexandria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
FLORIDA1
reviews: 3
taxi from Nat Gallery to Springhill Marriott Richmond Hwy

Hi, I did a quick search and couldn't find a ballpark figure for how much a taxi would cost from Nat Gallery (Mall) to the Springhill Marriott Richmond Hwy Alexandria. Would take the train, but might be pressed for time. Thanks.

Alexandria, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Alexandria
reviews: 74
1. Re: taxi from Nat Gallery to Springhill Marriott Richmond Hwy

Florida1: I will share what I know from a not so recent taxi trip from the opposite end of the mall...my fare 2 miles shy of your destination was $23.00 wo tip (my estimate $30 today). Taxi's operate by zone now, however. I could not find a reliable link to determine your fare...and I failed miserably in fractions...but here's the link for DC Taxis: http://dctaxi.dc.gov/node/310182

You mentioned you might be pressed for time...which is the variable. Dependent upon the 'when' you need to return to the hotel, particularly at rush hour from down town...I can almost guarantee 9 out of 10 trips...you would be better off taking the Metro Yellow Line which is a short block away from the National Gallery Archives station. It is the most direct train into and out of VA to the Huntington station.

I hope this is helpful!

Washington DC...
reviews: 4
2. Re: taxi from Nat Gallery to Springhill Marriott Richmond Hwy

Karen is wrong as taxis have not operated in DC by zone in over two years now. (They USED to operate by zone for many years, but changed it due to abuse of the zone system by both riders and drivers). They're based on time, distance, and borders crossed. From the National Gallery, they should take you to either the 9th St tunnel or D St exit for 395 and then to 295, across the Wilson Bridge, Rt 1 south and you're basically there. The cab fare should be around $20-25 (it's about $14-17 to north Old Town by the power plant).

Depending upon the day and time of day, the Yellow Line is certainly an option. On weekends, Metro trains run less frequently and there is often track work meaning what should be a 20/25 minute ride to the Huntington stop turns into a 45min-1hour ride. Also, the station is not that close to the hotel (a good 1.5 miles I would estimate) and that includes a steep hill so I would not suggest walking it if you're pressed for time. I'm not sure about taxis at the Metro, but there are several Fairfax Connector buses that run down Rt 1. Also, there is typically ample parking at Huntington.

3. Re: taxi from Nat Gallery to Springhill Marriott Richmond Hwy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, June 30, 2014