We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Red Roof Inn

Which Alexandria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Scotland
Red Roof Inn

Hi Guys

We are a Scottish couple in our 30s planning a two week East Coast road trip. We have booked 3 nights at the Red Roof Inn, Alexandria. Looking at the reviews, we are pretty pleased with our choice (for the money we paid) but I just want to check if it would be safe to walk from Huntington metro station back to our hotel at night. If not, are there cabs around the station we could take instead?

Thanks for your help,

J

Alexandria, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Alexandria
reviews: 76
1. Re: Red Roof Inn

Janey:

That RR Inn is at the intersection of a major traffic artery just beyond the Capital Beltway interstate. It is well lit and you should be fine staying there. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there myself. However, I would not walk the mile between Huntington Metro and the hotel, myself. Given that you are here for 3 days....I would recommend you make certain to check out Old Town at night in our historic district and enjoy the pub scene. I'd take a cab home from there directly and save the metro fare cash!

There are cab stands at the metro, but I cannot weigh in on how reliable they are late at night.

2. Re: Red Roof Inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, June 07, 2014