We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stepford dogs?

Which Alexandria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Syracuse,NY
reviews: 185
Stepford dogs?

I was in Old Town last week and had a great time. I was just wondering why so many people in town have the same type of dog? Kind of brown and fluffy, looks sort of like a larger, tannish bichon. Are they some sort of status symbol?

Alexandria, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Alexandria
reviews: 79
1. Re: Stepford dogs?

Old Town is ranked one of the top cities for being dog friendly. We have all kinds here. I'm not certain what type of dog you are referring, but I'd note that the big new favorite in town is the Portugese Water dog. In fact, several of the past President's dogs (and the Obama's I recall) have been trained at our own Old Town School for Dogs.

Next time you come visit. Bring yours to enjoy your stay! They are welcome at the outdoor cafe's along King!

2. Re: Stepford dogs?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, April 09, 2014