We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good hotels near either Franconia-Springfield or Huntington

Which Alexandria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Raleigh, NC
Good hotels near either Franconia-Springfield or Huntington

I am travelling up from N.C. and am interested in a decent, affordable hotel on either the Franconia-Springfield or Huntington Metro line. Any advise would be appreciated!

Alexandria, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Alexandria
reviews: 79
1. Re: Good hotels near either Franconia-Springfield or Huntington

For Huntington area focus on zip code 22303. I have family that live near the Springhill Suites; Holiday Inn Express Ft. Belvoir; and Red Roof Inn. The two former are about 2 years old and I recall one of them may have a shuttle to Huntington Metro. They are in the Belle Haven neighborhood at the end of Huntington Avenue at the opposite end of the road from the metro (conceivable walking distance about a mile). I would stay at any of them.

As for the Franconia/Springfield area, the hotels are numerous. I recently stayed local for a reunion at the Courtyard Inn in Springfield on Commerce Street. I would stay there again in a heartbeat. There are a handful of hotels on or near that location which is about 1/2-1 mile from the Metro (not easily walkable as it is at the confluence of I95 and I495). Call the hotels to see if they have shuttles.

I hope this is helpful!

Arlington, Virginia
reviews: 99
2. Re: Good hotels near either Franconia-Springfield or Huntington

If you are choosing these hotels because you want a hotel with free parking and close to a Metro station, I'd recommend looking at these 3 choices in Arlington: Americana Hotel, Best Western Iwo Jima and Holiday Inn Rosslyn @Key Bridge. All three of these hotels offer free parking; they are each within walking distance of a Metro station (so no need to rely on shuttles); they are definitely affordable; and they are close enough to D.C. so that the Metro ride is not long (unlike the rides from Springfield or Huntington.)

Raleigh, NC
3. Re: Good hotels near either Franconia-Springfield or Huntington

Thank you!!

Raleigh, NC
4. Re: Good hotels near either Franconia-Springfield or Huntington

Great advise...thanks so much!

reviews: 6
5. Re: Good hotels near either Franconia-Springfield or Huntington

Check out the Holiday inn SW at Eisenhower avenue it is across the street from the Eisenhower metro line in alexandria. I have stayed there twice and have an upcoming reservation. I have driven there from South Carolina and it is an easy drive and right off the interstate. Parking is free with stay.

6. Re: Good hotels near either Franconia-Springfield or Huntington

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, June 23, 2014