We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Huntington metro station to Washington DC

Which Alexandria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Saint Louis...
reviews: 1
Huntington metro station to Washington DC

First trip to Washington DC. We are staying in Williamsburg and will be traveling to Washington DC for the day. I was looking at parking at the Huntington, VA. metro station and going from there into DC. Does anyone know if there is ample parking at the Huntington station? We were looking at this so that we could use metro to get around vs. trying to drive in DC and find parking. We would be visiting during the week not the weekend. Would we be better off driving into DC and finding parking?

Thanks for your help.

central virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
reviews: 14
1. Re: Huntington metro station to Washington DC

We haven't found parking too bad there. The first bit where the train seems like a monorail on a curve about to tip is scarey for some, fun for others and perhaps worth a photo. Going to DC sit on the right for that. The first time I saw it many years ago I did a double take. Didn't expect it.

Saint Louis...
2. Re: Huntington metro station to Washington DC

Thank you for your reply.

Arlington, Virginia
reviews: 92
3. Re: Huntington metro station to Washington DC

Despite the fact that the Huntington Metro station has over 3000 parking spaces, there are a LOT of commuters that use that lot. I think you'll find from comments on the District of Columbia forum that if you plan to park at the Huntington station on a weekday, you need to be there NLT 8am to have any chance of finding a space.

The parking garages at Union Station and at the Ronald Reagan Building are two of the more affordable choices for parking in D.C. at $22.00 per day/$23.00 per day and they each have over 2000 parking spaces, so you should have no problem there. Here's a link to another resource for finding parking garages in D.C.: http://washingtondc.bestparking.com/

Yorktown, Virginia
reviews: 24
4. Re: Huntington metro station to Washington DC

Also consider the Springfield station. If you're heading from Williamsburg, it will be just as convenient, if not a bit more so, and it has a lot more parking.

Saint Louis...
5. Re: Huntington metro station to Washington DC

I don't see a Springfield station on the metro.

I only see Huntington as the last stop on the yellow line.

Which line goes to Springfield, and i assuming you mean Springfield, VA.

thanks for the help.

Yorktown, Virginia
reviews: 24
6. Re: Huntington metro station to Washington DC

Springfield is on the blue line, called Franconia-Springfield. It's the end station in the Virginia side.

You might find this site helpful as well -

http://stationmasters.com/

Saint Louis...
7. Re: Huntington metro station to Washington DC

Thanks, really appreciate your help.

8. Re: Huntington metro station to Washington DC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, March 26, 2014