We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best hotel location

Which Alexandria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Janesville...
reviews: 11
best hotel location

Looking at hotels for April 13-20th ...based on access to metro,

restaurants and shopping which one is best choice/value for two women who will be doing alot of sight seeing in Alexandria/DC

Embassy Suites King Street - Homewood Suites Leesburg Pike or

Washington Suites on South Reynolds?

ALEXANDRIA va
reviews: 40
1. Re: best hotel location

finally an easy question on hotels, what is best for Metro, resturants and shopping . Embassy Suites, King Street is the clear winner. You can walk. to all of what you want. Not comparison to the other two. Also neither one of the others is convenient to Old Town where everything that is the reason for a tourist visiting is. They are alongside commuter highways near nothing at all. certainly zero shopping

As for Homewood Suites, it is not even in the City of Alexandria but in Fairfax county Faux Alexandria. It does get confusing that King Street continues on to be Route 7, a major highway called Leesburg Pike, but I don't know how you would have any access to the Metro subway unless you had a shuttle as since King Street metro only has 30 parking meters and limited parking.

while Washington Suites is in the City of Alexandria, you may get lucky and get a parking space at Van Dorn metro.but then no resturants or shopping. The "landmark Mall" has been listed on the Mall deathwatch website for years but if you need new Tires it does have a great Sears in it.

Bear in mind that at night, there is ZERO to do or see or walk around in either of these two other hotels and I find being able to take an after dinner stroll part of my vacation that driving and parking from the suburbs does not work.

Janesville...
2. Re: best hotel location

Thanks Charm...I can quit looking at hotel information and work on my must see list : )

texas
reviews: 24
3. Re: best hotel location

WIsSunLover, you have a PM from me like I promised on our adventures this weekend .We loved it. We will now stay at that Embassy Suites anytime we come to DC. It was wonderful to have Metro right across the hotel, and hotel was wonderful. ALexandria on Sunday morning was fun walking the length of King Street to the waterfront.

Janesville...
4. Re: best hotel location

Thanks for the update. Sounds like the Embassy Suites will be the perfect

place to stay. If you have any restaurant suggestions or other helpful tips please let me know.

Richmond, Virginia
reviews: 26
5. Re: best hotel location

We've stayed in that Embassy Suites as well. It's quite convenient.

One tip I always offer to people who are visiting the area is to hop onto the free shuttle, which takes a circular route. If you see something you want to do, just let them know & they'll drop you off. They run every 15 minutes and it's very easy on & off access.

Janesville...
6. Re: best hotel location

Thanks for the tip. I'll definitely add the free shuttle to my trip notes.

7. Re: best hotel location

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, March 11, 2014