We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is King St safe to walk at night?

Which Alexandria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vienna, Virginia
is King St safe to walk at night?

is it safe to walk from King St Park to King St Metro at 10 PM?

Most of the shops are closed after evening and the street seems deserted after an hour, is it safe to walk there?

Edited: 9:46 pm, January 22, 2013
Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
reviews: 31
1. Re: is King St safe to walk at night?

If you use a modicum of street smarts you shouldn't have a major problem. Alternatively, you might be able to catch the last King Street Trolley, which is free. Details here: http://www.dashbus.com/Trolley

Alexandria, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Alexandria
reviews: 74
2. Re: is King St safe to walk at night?

I'm not sure where King Street Park is located... But King is a major thoroughfare and quite heavily traveled. It is little more than a mile from the Waterfront to Metro. It is safe and I would encourage you to walk it, rather than adjacent blocks, which are not well lit and as a resident....I avoid myself late at night!

Springfield, VA
reviews: 114
3. Re: is King St safe to walk at night?

King Street Park is at the foot of King Street on the waterfront (where the benches are).

Alexandria, Virginia
reviews: 12
4. Re: is King St safe to walk at night?

Yes, I think it is safe.

ALEXANDRIA va
reviews: 40
5. Re: is King St safe to walk at night?

Mark

One of the reasons many people stay in Alexandria and visit DC is so that they can walk up and down King Street, even at night, with reasonable assurance that they are safe. There are still people out at 10 pm, the Trolley is still running, bars and restaurants are still open. I agree with Karen that you should stick to King street itself. No worries

Charm

Washington DC...
reviews: 69
6. Re: is King St safe to walk at night?

At that time of night you will hit some blocks closer to the metro with all of the businesses closed but the street is well lit and you should be okay. Weekends are busier than weeknights but if you can catch the trolley you won't have to talk in the cold.

Herndon, Virginia
reviews: 42
7. Re: is King St safe to walk at night?

Yes, it's is safe! There is the occasional homeless guy roaming around, but keep your head screwed on straight and you'll be fine. I've gone running lots of times up and down King St. and have never felt unsafe. Usually I've felt more irritated because I'm always having to stop behind all of the elderly couples walking at night!

8. Re: is King St safe to walk at night?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, March 13, 2014