We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dmv

Which Alexandria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dmv

Anything special I should know before driving there

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
reviews: 31
1. Re: Dmv

Anything special you should know about what? Why are you going there? Where are you coming from? And why are you posting a question about the Department of Motor Vehicles on a tourist forum?

2. Re: Dmv

Hmmm.... Maybe, possibly.... It's my first time using this app and not being sure that it was just a tourist app I , God forbid, asked a question about the location of the nearest DMV, because I needed help finding it.

And then, of all responders, I was fortunate enough to get you. What a fine cup of tea that was.

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
reviews: 31
3. Re: Dmv

If your original question had been "What is the location of the Alexandria DMV, I need help finding it." I would have said:

The Commonwealth of Virginia has a helpful web page for this branch of the DMV, with directions. It is located here: www.dmv.state.va.us/exec/csc/csc.asp?id=4

But that's not what you asked. Because you still haven't indicated where you're coming from or the purpose of your trip, it remains impossible to say if there's anything "special" you should know about following those directions.

Alexandria, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Alexandria
reviews: 76
4. Re: Dmv

One trick is to pay attention to the required paperwork...they are unrelenting. Another trick is to see the 'ticker' for the sites that have them that tell you how long the wait is.... It is helpful.

central virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
reviews: 14
5. Re: Dmv

Unfortunately with the app thing we're still thinking the drive, what to do along the way, what to do while in town and where to stay when this person may live right in the city. Hmmm. Wonder if TA should have given us more headsup on this?

6. Re: Dmv

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, January 25, 2014