We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vintage Consignment & Antique Shops

Which Alexandria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fort Belvoir...
reviews: 119
Vintage Consignment & Antique Shops

My daughter & I love Vintage stuff !

Are there any vintage consignment and Antique places near Fort Belvoir at all ??

We found one already near Mount Vernon High.

Alexandria, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Alexandria
reviews: 72
1. Re: Vintage Consignment & Antique Shops

Sandra: Apologies up front...I'm not up to date on shops near Belvoir. Theives Market (close to the Walmart/Hybla Valley) used to have the best collection of shops, but I'm not sure its still in operation.

Old Town, is worthy of a drive to check out the true vintage clothing stores that line the blocks in between King Street and Cameron/Prince all the way up! Two that are authentic vintage are Elinor Coleman at 100 blk of S. Columbus and at vintagemirage.com. I believe I read that Pretty People Vintage is owned by Annie Creamcheese (georgetown) which is at the 100 block of N. Patrick and at prettypeoplevintage.com. There is a Prevention of Blindness store at the corner of King and Alfred that has vintage upstairs and the Twig shop on N. Columbus that occasionally has some interesting and cheap vintage. Not sure if you are shopping or seeking to consign your own, but this is a worthy start. For luxury consignment our boutique shopping has become a consignment store mecca! My favs are Diva on Pitt; Current on King; Encore on S. Union; Mint Condition S. St. Asaph; and Beautiful Boutique for large size consignments. These are all located up and down King and no more than a block off north and south. Google vintage or consignment Alexandria to locate on a map.

I hope someone more knowledgable will pipe in with shops closer to Belvoir.

I hope you find this helpful.

Springfield, VA
reviews: 114
2. Re: Vintage Consignment & Antique Shops

Honestly, they're really isn't much of anything in the Fort Belvoir area in terms of shopping. When I worked next to the airfield, I had to drive 20 minutes each way to a CVS if I needed anything. The area is, however, developing due to the increased employment on the base caused by the BRAC. Old Town and closer is going to be your best best. If you want to go further afield, I like a store called Finder Keepers in the Westover section of Arlington, although they are more furniture than clothing.

Fort Belvoir...
3. Re: Vintage Consignment & Antique Shops

Unfortunately we've noticed there isn't much shopping or anything else too close to Belvoir. Thanks for the information though , my daughter & I will check those out !!

Alexandria, Virginia
reviews: 11
4. Re: Vintage Consignment & Antique Shops

Here are some antique stores in OT. Note that these are actual antique stores (with prices that go with that designation) and not thrift shops or vintage stores. All generally carry 18th and 19th century American antiques (and other things as well):

Spurgeon-Lewis Antiques

Lloyd's Row

Henry Street Antiques

Christopher H. Jones

Sumpter Priddy

Edited: 2:52 pm, January 15, 2013
Springfield, VA
reviews: 114
5. Re: Vintage Consignment & Antique Shops

It also occurred to me that you and your daughter might enjoy an afternoon in Occoquan (right off I-95 south of the Fort Belvoir area). I'm not familiar with any vintage/consignment shops there, but there are are cute little shops (I love the Christmas store) and nice places to have lunch. I like the Blue Arbor Cafe and the Garden Kitchen for sandwiches. Madigan's is good if you want to eat on the waterfront.

Fort Belvoir...
6. Re: Vintage Consignment & Antique Shops

Thank you all for the information ! Her birthday is in March and this will be a lovely surprise for her !

7. Re: Vintage Consignment & Antique Shops

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, January 19, 2014