We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation Question

Which Alexandria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chesapeake, Virginia
reviews: 1
Transportation Question

Hi, I will be staying near king st metro could someone please tell me how to get too the georgetown area of dc to visit restaurants and shops. What would be the easiest method of public transportation. Im a little confused with metro, dash bus and the circulator bus.

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
reviews: 31
1. Re: Transportation Question

Take the Metro blue line train from King Street to Rosslyn, then Circulator bus (or walk) to Georgetown.

Chesapeake, Virginia
reviews: 1
2. Re: Transportation Question

Great thanks! What stop will I get off on circulator if I just wanna walk around and explore.

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
3. Re: Transportation Question

The circulator is a bus that runs down M Street in Georgetown. It is one of the two main shopping streets in Georgetown; Wisconsin Ave. being the other. Looks like there are four stops in Georgetown along M Street. Any one of them will work. One option would be to get off at the 4th stop, M St. NW/Thomas Jefferson, and then walk back to Rosslyn Metro along M Street and over the Key Bridge.

Nashville, Tennessee
reviews: 4
4. Re: Transportation Question

Does it make sense to fly into BWI vs DCA if staying on King St in Alexandria?

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
5. Re: Transportation Question

Not really, no. You'd need to realize a huge price savings on the flight to justify the extra travel time, transfer costs, and all-around hassle.

Maryland
reviews: 5
6. Re: Transportation Question

You can actually ride metrorail very easily from DCA to King Street - it's only a few stops / minutes. Hopefully you won't be arriving during Mon-Fri Evening rush-hour when trains will be jammed full (mornings should be O.K.).

Yorktown, Virginia
7. Re: Transportation Question

I am going to be living on Dawn Drive in Alexandria and commuting to the Pentagon everyday.I think I will be taking the King Street metro . Am I correct? Any info on the price to park and the metro price ? Any advice would be helpful. Thank you.My Email is hotgma@cox.net

Springfield, VA
reviews: 129
8. Re: Transportation Question

Lori,

Thre is no commuter parking at the King Street Metro. If you want to take Metro to work, you might be better off drive to the Van Dorn Street Metro station and commute from there, or you can probably catch a bus that will take you either to King Street or possibly even to Pentagon, which is a major bus-to-rail transfer point. Information on routes and costs is here:

http://www.wmata.com/

ALEXANDRIA va
reviews: 40
9. Re: Transportation Question

Lori

According to google maps, Dawn drive is in Fairfax county, not the City of Alexandria. Yes, the post office says it is Alexandria, but it's not. It's past the Beltway and down Route 1 south of Alexandria City. The closest metro station to Dawn street is Huntington metro, not King Street. Huntington does go to the Pentagon metro.

Carol's link to the wmata site is a good one for information.

Here is a link to info on Huntington metro station

www.wmata.com/rail/station_detail.cfm…

Charm

Virginia Beach...
reviews: 9
10. Re: Transportation Question

If cost is not a big factor I would fly into DCA and METRO to King Street.

Getting to Georgetown. Stick with METRO rail its very easy to use. 1/ As already suggested take the METRO blue line to Rosslyn and walk to Georgetown.

2/ You can also continue on the blue line to Foggy Bottom (first stop in DC) and walk to Georgetown.