We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brabo or The Majestic

Which Alexandria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Arizona City...
reviews: 3
Brabo or The Majestic

I am surprising my husband for his birthday by taking him to a nice romantic dinner. We are young and would like the restaurant to have a classy modern feel to it, with great food. I really wanted to try Restaurant Eve, but they are booked. I did not realize the reservations needed to be so far in advance.

So I narrowed it down to Brabo or The Majestic...

Any thoughts? Thanks so much!!

Springfield, VA
reviews: 123
1. Re: Brabo or The Majestic

The food at the Majestic is homier than the food at Brabo, but they both have great food.

Alexandria, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Alexandria
reviews: 74
2. Re: Brabo or The Majestic

I agree with Carol. If intimate and romantic is what you seek, then go for Brabo. The Majestic is noisey and not what I would classify as intimate, which is exactly how I'd describe Brabo. The menus are very different. Check them out first.

Arizona City...
reviews: 3
3. Re: Brabo or The Majestic

Just an update...we went with BRABO, my husband said it was the best meal of his entire life! Would highly recommend this restaurant...he had the rockfish with potato gnocchi. Only downfall of this place is the entrance, when you enter, the hostess stand is past the bar behind a huge post/pillar. We stood near the front door for about a minute or two, people at the bar turning and starring until finally the bartender shouted across the bar asking if we needed help...a little uncomfortable at first, but our waiter and meal was unbelievable and we'll definitely be back! Can't wait actually!!

Alexandria, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Alexandria
reviews: 74
4. Re: Brabo or The Majestic

Glad to hear your review! I recently discovered Happy Hour at Brabo! It's my new 'favorite'. The Charcuterie platter is big enough to feed a horse! Was amazing and the wine is discounted too! Unfortunately, the cocktails are not...they too, are amazing!

5. Re: Brabo or The Majestic

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, December 21, 2013