We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Update on 'How to' get to DC Area Airports-WAPost 8-25-2012

Which Alexandria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Alexandria, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Alexandria
reviews: 76
Update on 'How to' get to DC Area Airports-WAPost 8-25-2012

We often get questions here about how to get to or from our three major airports; Washington (Reagan) National (DCA); Dulles International (IAD) and Baltimore Washington International (Marshall) (BWI) Airports.

The Washington Post today updated the latest information using public and/or private transportation to and from the various area airports. This is quite useful and always a topic of interest on these boards! Please see the link below for more information.

washingtonpost.com/local/trafficandcommuting…

I hope this is helpful.

ALEXANDRIA va
reviews: 40
1. Re: Update on 'How to' get to DC Area Airports-WAPost 8-25-2012

thanks Karen. I could not stand to see your post sitting with: no replies"

What I found strange was that while this post article discussed taxis from National /Reagan it did not mention that for Dulles. Personally, we found taking the taxi to and from Dulles to our home in Alexandria well worth the money. Even with a 20% tip, it is usually a total of $60-$65.

We used to drive out and park for about ten years but the convenience of a taxi dropping us off right at the terminal and picking us there instead of taking the buses to & from the parking lots makes our vacations that much more enjoyable. Plus I could just relax after a long flight instead of dealing with traffic driving home.

this same topic sparked 8 pages of queries and responses on the DC forum but the last message was "take a taxi "

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g28970-i40-k300107…

2. Re: Update on 'How to' get to DC Area Airports-WAPost 8-25-2012

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, October 15, 2013