We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Alexandria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Grantsville, Utah
8 posts

I am staying with four others in Alexandria but flying into BWI airport. I really don't want to take the metro or bus to our hotel. I've been looking into hiring a car service to pick us up and drop us off. I want one that is vey reliable with clean cars. Does anyone have any recommendations for me?

Alexandria, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Alexandria
Level Contributor
443 posts
88 reviews
1. Re: Transporation

I've been hearing raves about a new Limo system called Uber. Here is a link...there is an iphone app and they seem to operate in very specific areas, including BWI.

The only other choice would be Washington Flyer

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
9,095 posts
104 reviews
2. Re: Transporation

Did you check out Darrell's recommendation of Kaspar's Livery in response to your query on the Washington forum? I have not had need of a car service to BWI, but their rate of $129 + tip is a good rate for this service. A taxi from BWI to Alexandria would run around $105 + tip.

Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
8,505 posts
380 reviews
3. Re: Transporation

Wow, quite a trip. Why not Amtrak from the BWI station (free shuttle from the terminal) to Alexandria? Looks to be $19 for a through-train, $26 if you change trains at Washington (which would be kind of a pain). No checked luggage service, so you'd have to carry your bags, and there are size/weight limits, but I've heard they aren't sticklers on that. But, of course, you'd still have to get from the Alexandria station to your hotel, probably by taxi.

What time of day do you land? Traffic could be a bear if you take a taxi or car service.

Edited: 4:04 pm, August 21, 2012
Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
8,505 posts
380 reviews
4. Re: Transporation

p.s. unless it's a stretch limo you may well need two vehicles, whether taxis or through a car service. Be sure to phone in advance and say you'll hve 4 people and specify how many bags. There's always Supershuttle; maybe rerquest your own van for the four of you, so no stopping for others.

Edited: 4:07 pm, August 21, 2012
Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
10,740 posts
5. Re: Transporation

Another trip that already happened.

6. Re: Transporation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, August 23, 2013