We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need suggestions for Easter brunch

Which Alexandria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
pittsburgh
Need suggestions for Easter brunch

Will be visiting my son, a newbie to the area, over Easter weekend. Looking for restaurant suggestions for Easter brunch for a family of 5 adults and a 3 year old. Good food, nice view would be great.

Thanks!

Alexandria, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Alexandria
reviews: 72
1. Re: Need suggestions for Easter brunch

A couple of ideas with the best views from Old Town:

A Potomac River dinner cruise on the Dandy.

dandydinnerboat.com/holidaycruises/easter.sh…

Chart House

http://www.chart-house.com/

Another thought is to cross the bridge into Maryland and go to National Harbor resort where there are additional gorgeous views of the Potomac from the other side, and plenty of restaurants (familiar chains) that may also suit you.

http://www.nationalharbor.com/intro.htm

pittsburgh
2. Re: Need suggestions for Easter brunch

Thanks for the suggestions....I will be checking them out...Would you happen to recommend any other restaurants with a view not being critical?

Thanks Again!

Alexandria, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Alexandria
reviews: 72
3. Re: Need suggestions for Easter brunch

ztalady:

Most since you cited a view...my answers apply to Old Town Alexandria. Of the restaurants with a view they are few, and Chart House has, bar none, the best view in OT. If you like Thai, Mai Thai at the foot of King Street has intermittent views on the top floor. North of Old Town just down from National Airport is Indigo Landing. They are literally across the creek from National Airport runway. So outside can be noisy, but they have a nice brunch.

I will say this, as a resident, everyone heads to Old Town for Easter brunch....which is to say it is a zoo. Us locals know to stay out of the way and head to our low-key haunts if we want to be fed. Also, when I think of brunch, I'm thinking Mimosas, bloody mary's and nice breakfast menu or buffets.

Most of the local hotels also have significant brunch menus that are rather expensive. Further, the restaurants often have specialized menus and I have yet to see them in the local papers. As for where would I go for Easter Brunch myself? My favs are the The Warehouse Grill (seafood/creole); Columbia Fire House (American) (St. Asaph St); and further up King Street... Light Horse Inn (American) and South Austin Grill (Mexican).

I highly suggest you make advanced reservations once you zero in on what suits you!

pittsburgh
4. Re: Need suggestions for Easter brunch

Thank you so much for the suggestions. I will do some investigating! I am asking about Old Town simply because we will be visiting my son who just moved to Alexandria. Any other recommendations are welcome. Thanks again!

5. Re: Need suggestions for Easter brunch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, June 20, 2013