We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather wise, what is the best time of the year to visit...

Which Alexandria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
Weather wise, what is the best time of the year to visit...

We are hoping to visit Alexandria, Va. sometime in 2006. We would like to go when the weather is mild, not hot. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Washington, DC
reviews: 3
1. Re: Weather wise, what is the best time of the year to visit...

Hello MaryCat -- I think the weather is best from April - early June (although June can be hot, it's usually not too bad) and mid-Sept. through early Nov. Unfortunately, these are the months that Washington is the most crowded. Visitors who can brave the weather extremes are fortunate to find many of the sites almost deserted.

Best of luck with your planning!

Northern Virginia
2. Re: Weather wise, what is the best time of the year to visit...

I agree with the above post. Also consider that the first week of April will be the peak time for the cherry blossoms around the Jefferson Memorial. I think the cherry blossom parade is on April 8, 2006.

Washington, DC
3. Re: Weather wise, what is the best time of the year to visit...

Early April is lovely. For Cherry Blossom Festivals be prepared to deal with crowds of large proportion.

Alexandria, Virginia
reviews: 6
4. Re: Weather wise, what is the best time of the year to visit...

NOW!!

I've been riding my bike to work all week. Have the windows open in the house and cooking out back before the mosquito wave hits.

Lines for the Wash. Mem weren't too bad today (50 people tops) and only a few lined up for tickets at the mint.