We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

staying in alexandria while touring DC. where to eat

Which Alexandria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new york, ny
reviews: 2
staying in alexandria while touring DC. where to eat

going with family of four. my 2 kids are 5 and 8.

can you recommend any restaurants. colonial feel could be nice. is gadsby's pretty much the place?

Alexandria, VA
11. Re: staying in alexandria while touring DC. where to eat

I think CtheUSA meant Southside 815 (if Sound Side 216 exists, I've never heard of it!) It's good southern food, and it's on Washington St., but it's not in the main stretch of Old Town Alexandria. (Neither is Fireflies.)

Gadsby's is fun once just to go--but don't expect the food to be good.

In the main part of Old Town, I second Austin Grill and Hard Times. Also: Union Street Public House, and Thai Old Town and Mai Thai (if you like Thai).

Have fun!

Alexandria, Virginia
reviews: 6
12. Re: staying in alexandria while touring DC. where to eat

Seriously, skip Gadsby's and save your money. It will be two hours of your life you will never get back.

We went to the Pita House the other day on Cameron near Pitt and it was very good. Small little place that seems family owned.

Another place I always forget about is Bilbo Baggins. Nice woody decor and good food. There is a little sushi bar next to it that is wonderful to.

My favorite place in Alexandria isn't really in Alexandria, but over in an area called Shirlington. 395 between Glebe and Quaker lane ish. Go to Carlye Grand, have a fantastic meal and walk around the area afterwards. There is a movie theater or a billards place, or just sit on one of the benches and have an after dinner ice cream with the kids.