We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hawthorn Suites Alexandria vs Washington Suites ALexandria

Which Alexandria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia, PA
Hawthorn Suites Alexandria vs Washington Suites ALexandria

I need your help in deciding between the what appears to be two very nice suite hotels in Alexandria, VA, the Hawthorn Suites and Washington Suites. Please respond if you have been to either or both of these hotels within the last six (6) months. I am especially interested in hearing from those who have visiyed both. I know what the basic differences are between the two of them such as full hot breakfast vs continental. I am less concerned with food and more concerened with comfort and service since I will be there for 12 days. Please respond soon. I leave this Sunday. Thank you.

York, PA
reviews: 28
1. Re: Hawthorn Suites Alexandria vs Washington Suites ALexandria

I would highly recommend the Washington Suites. It is a nice, affordable suite hotel with large, clean rooms. I have personally not stayed there but my dad did and really liked it. The hotel is a very good value. You get a huge room, continental breakfast, and it is certainly a place where you are sure to feel at home. Many of the reviews for the Hawthorn Suites don't sound very promising and I think that overall, the Washington Suites would be the better of the two. Reviewers mention that the Hawthorn Suites can be quite noisy at times and the bathrooms are not always thoroughly cleaned. Also, the Washington Suites was recently remodeled in 2005 and it is in a pretty ideal location. I think that the Washington Suites would be perfect the place for you to stay. Enjoy your stay and let me know how you make out.