We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 week stay in Alexandria

Which Alexandria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 145
3 week stay in Alexandria

My son is going to summer school at St. Stephens/St. Agnes school near Stephens Road in late July. I am looking for a furnished apartment/house or hotel room with kitchen. Cleanliness is a must....any suggestions?

Alexandria, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Alexandria
reviews: 81
11. Re: 3 week stay in Alexandria

Will you have your auto with you? All of the sites folks have specified are safe and within reasonable walking distance to merchants. The Hawthorne Suites is 5 mins from St. S's, and adjacent to a mall...not one of our best, but near grocery stores and other shopping. It's also near the main bus line that allows you to come into and out of Old Town. I've had friends stay there on extended business trips and said its fine. As most of my posts here, I'm a shill for anything in or near Old Town. To spend so much time in town and not be close enough to thoroughly enjoy Old Town would be a shame. Costs obviously may be your rule. Keep searching and we'll help you narrow your choices, if you aren't certain.

Just for the record...I have been speaking of HomeSTEAD suites. If you view via google maps, its an outlier on the furthest reaches near old town, but still 5 mins from St. S. It's walking distance to our Regional Waterpark (Wave pool and putt putt). It is also walking distance to decent restaurants at the Eisenhower Metro. Click the address below on google maps to get the street view of all the hotels you are seeking.

Homestead

200 Blue Stone Rd. Alexandria, VA 22304

Hope this is helpful.

New York City, New...
12. Re: 3 week stay in Alexandria

If I were to choose <by location> between Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Alexandria -or- Homestead Washington DC - Alexandria (200 Blue Stone Rd., Alexandria, VA 22304)

I would pick: Homestead Washington DC - Alexandria (200 Blue Stone Rd., Alexandria, VA 22304) in an instant, and it looks like the TA reviews are fine as well

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g30226-d217775-…

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 145
13. Re: 3 week stay in Alexandria

Thank you all for your great advice so far. I have decided to stay at Homewood Suites in Bailey's Crossroads. Starting to look at what my wife and I will be doing there while my son is in summer school. We plan to go down to the Smithsonian a lot but should I drive there (how far is it and how much will parking cost us?) or take the metro (how far is the nearest metro). We like playing tennis and golf so are there any public tennis courts and golf courses near our hotel?

Alexandria, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Alexandria
reviews: 81
14. Re: 3 week stay in Alexandria

World:

I wouldn't drive into the city on a bet. You are conveniently located to I95 and at any other time of the day but rush hour (5am-9:30am northbound) you are 10 minutes to the 14th Street Bridge. Drive to Pentagon City Mall and park and ride the metro (I do this for my business meetings in the city). Or, take the bus which most feed into the nearest Metro station (get recommendations from the hotel).

If you are determined to drive, the Smithsonians line the National Mall ...follow directions to the La Enfant Plaza where there is parking and reasonably adjacent to the South side of the Mall. It's easily $20 (I'm dating myself) a day to park. Perhaps others will have additional points of view, as I am not familiar with the transport from that area, and public golf/tennis facilities.

Hope this is helpful.

15. Re: 3 week stay in Alexandria

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:51 am, May 29, 2012