We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant for a Group

Which Alexandria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Iowa
reviews: 7
Restaurant for a Group

I have a group staying in the 400 block on King Street and am looking for a nice moderate place for them to eat. Any suggestions?

Alexandria, Virginia
reviews: 10
1. Re: Restaurant for a Group

King Street and area are full of restaurants. Tell me more about desired pricing and type of food and I'll try to help

Alexandria, Virginia
reviews: 6
2. Re: Restaurant for a Group

Old Town Thai is a good spot that isn't too pricey but good. On King and Fairfax I think.

King Street Blues is a BBQ joint that has music.

South Austin Grill for tex mex and frozen drinks

Bilbo Baggins is about 6 blocks away and is nice.

Hard Times Cafe is a chilli joint. Not terribly exciting, but inexpensive. Near the King St Metro.

Stellas is across from the Metro and has good food as well. There is a free DASH bus on the weekends that runs from the waterfront to the metro that you could hop on.

Not in walking distance:

Cafe Marianna is in north Old Town near the power plant. Fun place, worth the trip.

Over in Del Ray is a great little central american restaurant call Taqueria Pablano. We go there all the time.

Iowa
3. Re: Restaurant for a Group

The group is seniors - so pretty conventional food - but someplace fun. What about a Murphy's Pub? They have a banquet room upstairs. Are they too steep for seniors and is the food good?

I will look at the other suggestions that were posted by fakename.

Thanks much

Alexandria, Virginia
reviews: 6
4. Re: Restaurant for a Group

Murphy's is a good pub, but the stairs might be a bit much. Call and ask, but my guess would be no.

Another conventional place right around the corner that I think would be perfect is Portners. It is a pub menu that is a little more upscale and it would be easy to get around and big enough to seat you. They have a nice brunch as well.

Another place that could work would be Chadwicks. Easy access and good food.

How many people do you have?

Iowa
5. Re: Restaurant for a Group

I am guessing it will be about 40-45. I looked up Portners - I think it is a perfect suggestion - many thanks.