We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How long from Baltimore Airport to Alexandria

Which Alexandria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Asheville, North...
reviews: 14
How long from Baltimore Airport to Alexandria

Hi

Could someone tell me about how long it takes to get to Alexandria from teh Baltimore Airport via the metro/bus??

I realize there is also a super shuttle but want to save a few dollars.

Thanks

ALEXANDRIA va
reviews: 40
1. Re: How long from Baltimore Airport to Alexandria

The DC forum at TA has a FAQ on airport and I copied their links that you need to figure out the answer to your question. A lot depends on what time you get in as the schedules of the buses and of course traffic jams during rush hour affect it all. I typed in BWI airport and King Street Metro into the first calculator and it said 4 hours. The others may be faster but I would only be guessing.

Sorry I can't be of more help but I've never found public transportation to or from BWI to be a viable option. After all, it's inter state travel, not intra city.

Good luck

Transportation from BWI to Alexandria

MARC Commuter trains www.mtamaryland.com

MARC runs Monday through Friday.

Amtrak www.amtrak.com

Amtrak runs seven days a week.

Metrobus route #B30 to the Greenbelt Metro station

For schedule and fare info: www.wmata.com

Taxis are available at the airport.

Supershuttle www.supershuttle.com

Good luck

Charm

ALEXANDRIA va
reviews: 40
2. Re: How long from Baltimore Airport to Alexandria

The second round of chemotherapy really clouded my memory.

Here is a much more helpful discussion of how to get from BWI to Alexandria. Ignore the title of this post and scroll down to read all the answers. Appears that the bus to greenbelt metro is the favorite and about two hours

tripadvisor.com/…19998068

Edited: 10:04 am, September 08, 2010
3. Re: How long from Baltimore Airport to Alexandria

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:23 am, March 08, 2011