We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mount Vernon booking question

Which Alexandria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia...
reviews: 3
Mount Vernon booking question

Hi- I'm due to arrive late next week. Since we're a week out, I wanted to wait to see if one of the three days we'd be in the area would be better weather wise as there are scattered thunderstorms predicted.

But I also don't want to arrive and find out that they're sold out either. Is that even a possiblity?

Thanks!

ALEXANDRIA va
reviews: 40
1. Re: Mount Vernon booking question

While anything is "possible", it would be highly unusual for admission itself to be "sold out" especially during this heat wave. The popular "national treasures tour" though does sell out according to Mt. Vernon's web site. Also special evening events like wine tastings sell out . But you should be just fine any of your 3 days.

We've been going with an annual pass to Mt. Vernon for years and never bothered to take that tour as we have been more interested in the changing gardens, the new exhibits, etc.

Their web site is very good and gives you a great overview

www.mountvernon.org/visit/plan/index.cfm/

Their calendar looks pretty clear with only discounts for the scout jamboree so there may be some crowds of scouts but there are always tourist buses anyway. Enjoy

Charm

2. Re: Mount Vernon booking question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:28 am, January 14, 2011