We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Old Town Accomodations

Which Alexandria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh...
reviews: 33
Old Town Accomodations

We are visiting Alexandria in a few weeks and I would like to know if anyone can recommend a hotel. We want to stay in Old Town and the hotels listed as saying they are located there are Hilton 1767 Kin, Hampton 1616 King, Holiday Inn 480 King and another Holiday Inn at 625 First St. We would like to park the car and walk...any suggestions would be truly appreciated. Thanks

Alexandria, Virginia
reviews: 10
1. Re: Old Town Accomodations

To be exactly in the center of the Old Town shopping, restaurants, I'd pick the Holiday Inn at 480 King. It's about 5 blocks from the river in the center of things. The Hampton Inn and the Hilton are on the west end of King Street within 1 or 2 blocks of Metro and also in a great section of Old Town (in fact for me more interesting-- less chain stores and more antiques shops, funky stores, etc,) But all three are in great locations with parking garages --. The Holiday Inn on First Street is at the North End of Old Town in a more residential setting. Some nice local restaurants and a few blocks from the river, but about a mile from the center of Old Town Alexandria. Enjoy your visit!

Alexandria, VA
reviews: 12
2. Re: Old Town Accomodations

The Embassy Suites is in the same area as the Hilton and is also right across the street from the Metro station, particularly convenient if you want to make a quick trip in to DC. King St. in Old Town is definitely the place to hang around and the Dash bus makes it very easy to get from one end of King St. to the other. Enjoy your stay!

Washington, DC
3. Re: Old Town Accomodations

I'm a local and I like the Dash. I also use this site to keep current on events in Old Town

http://www.funside.com/

York, PA
reviews: 28
4. Re: Old Town Accomodations

I agree with the Embassy Suites. Not only is it a very nice hotel in an ideal location, but it is a good value too. A manager's reception with drinks and snacks is served each evening and a complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast is served each morning, both in the hotel's beautiful atrium lobby. Each room is a spacious two-room suite. The only negative thing about this hotel is that there is a fee for parking, but that seems to be the case for some of the other Old Town hotels too. I would highly recommend the Embassy Suites and think that you would enjoy staying there. I'll include the hotel's webpage at the end of this post in case you want to find out more information about this hotel as well as see pictures of the hotel.

Syracuse, NY
reviews: 1
5. Re: Old Town Accomodations

sac2008,

I just made a reservation at the Embassy Suites Old Town, and was relieved to read what you said, as it sounds like a good choice. Is the breakfast a buffet or can you actually order something specific? Do you know if the Dash bus runs every day or just on weekends? How far of a walk is it to get right into the middle of Old Town where all the shops are? We want to visit Old Town but we also want to be able to go into DC to do the typical tourist attractions. It sounds like with the Metro being so close, it will be easy to get into DC. Any suggestions for restaurants? We have two teenagers and one of their favorite foods is pizza, so if you know of a good place for that, let me know. Any other tips you can give me would be great. We're not going until April. Thanks.

York, PA
reviews: 28
6. Re: Old Town Accomodations

It's kind of a combination of the two. They have certain items ready ahead of time, but you can have them make you an omelet just the way you want it. It's been a while since I've been to an Embassy Suites. We used to go to the one in Hunt Valley, MD but it is starting to get a bit rundown and the recent reviews of it haven't been too good. Perhaps a renovation would do the trick. At nighttime, Embassy Suites has a managers reception with snacks and drinks. You just have to be sure to get there within the two hours that the reception is held each evening. I have always preferred to stay at an Embassy Suites hotel whenever possible, although I didn't care much for their hotel in downtown Cleveland. I think that you will enjoy staying at the Embassy Suites and will find it to be an excellent value. Let me know how it was when you get back.

Syracuse, NY
reviews: 1
7. Re: Old Town Accomodations

sac2008,

Thanks for your suggestions. I ended up getting the Embassy Suites for an even cheaper rate when I called the hotel directly so I think it's a pretty good deal. I'll post a message when we get back to let people know how it was. Thanks again.

Shell8561