We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Fish Market

Which Alexandria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Raleigh
The Fish Market

I visited the Fish Market Friday evening, November 11, 2005. First, the parking situation in Old Town Alexandria. Virtually all parking on the street is parallel and metered. Seven o'clock on Friday evening, there just wasn't any spaces available. I parked in the parking deck on union street. Plenty of spaces and plenty expensive. Eleven dollars for less than three hours. However, very convenient to the Fish Market and The Torpedo Factory. Now the Fish Market. There was no waiting line. Seating was fast and our waiter was efficent. My party of three ordered a variety of fried seafood and by far, the shrimp was the best. I ordered the clam chowder. It was pretty good, until it cooled a little and was stirred and then it became excellent. The tab for three came to 51.00 including tax. After dinner walk was fun. Lots to see in Old Town. Disappointed that the Torpedo Factory was closed at seven. Maybe next time.

Alexandria, Virginia
reviews: 6
1. Re: The Fish Market

There is parking underneath Market Square - King and Fairfax I think - it goes fast, but I think it is only a buck or two. Parking is a problem, so you have to be ready to walk a little. I park where I want to walk after dinner and enjoy the stroll back if I cannot get a spot under Market square.

You visited the Fish Market at the right time. During the summer months, the place is placked and is hit and miss at times. I stay away until the winter.