We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Washington Suites Alexandria

Which Alexandria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
reviews: 3
Washington Suites Alexandria

Is there any advise on this hotel? From the review, it's old but remodelled recently. It suits us with it's price and kitchenette facility. However, is it close to metro and in a safe district?

Alexandria VA
reviews: 1
1. Re: Washington Suites Alexandria

I don't know much about this hotel, but I live in the area and can comment on that. This hotel is on the west end of Alexandria near an area known as Landmark. It is fairly close to Van Dorn metro but it would probalby take 20-25 minutes to walk that distance.

Most likely you will have to take the Hotel Shuttle or park at the metro. The Van Dorn parking lot is small and fills up quickly, so if you want to park there you better get there by 8:00 AM.

The area is a safe so you don't need to worry about that.

Alexandria, Virginia
reviews: 33
2. Re: Washington Suites Alexandria

This would be a pretty healthy walk to/from the Metro and since your day in DC will involve lots of walking, I would recommend using the hotel shuttle. Also, if you walk down Reynolds St towards the Metro, you will find yourself passing by Section 8 housing in the hi-rise at 375 S Reynolds that is not the safest of areas and would be uncomfortable after dark. The hotel itself is fine.