We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eisenhower Metro area?

Which Alexandria hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
reviews: 2
Eisenhower Metro area?

I have an opportunity to stay at the Homestead Suites Alexandria for free in September. This is the one on Bluestone Rd. near the Eisenhower Metro stop. Can anyone tell me anything about the location, i.e., is it safe? I've read the review of the hotel. TIA.

Alexandria, VA
1. Re: Eisenhower Metro area?

It should be perfectlly safe. This is a recently developed low-rise office building neighborhood, except for a couple of new townhouse developments, and quite deserted at night -- although there is a multiplex movie theatre not too far down Eisenhower Avenue toward the center of town. As always, be alert, but you shouldn't have any trouble -- except for possible traffic noise from the nearby I-95/495 (Capital Beltway), depending on how well insulated the rooms are and which way yours faces. You might consider asking for one facing the other way, which might even have a nice view of the National Masonic Memorial to George Washington (worth visiting).

Another benefit of staying near the Eisenhower Metro is that it's the terminus of the Yellow Line, so even if you go to downtown DC in the rush hour you're sure to get a seat.

Enjoy your visit.

Alexandria, VA
2. Re: Eisenhower Metro area?

One more thing: Be aware that this hotel is NOT within walking distance of the Metro stop, although they likely have a shuttle van. Just check to be sure how late it operates. I'd be dubious whether there is a taxi line at that Metro station in the late evening, given the office-building (that is, daytime) nature of the area. On the other hand, if you go to dinner in downtown/Old Town Alexandria, as you should, a cab to the hotel wouldn't be that expensive (cheaper than having to pay for the room, surely).

Alexandria, VA
3. Re: Eisenhower Metro area?

CORRECTION: Erin, I misspoke as to the Yellow Line. See my confession of error on the DC forum in response to your identical post there.

Sorry to have misled you, even if only briefly.