We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Albion Basin Wildflowers 2013

Which Alta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Provo, Utah
Albion Basin Wildflowers 2013

Anyone been up to Albion Basin recently? I wondered how the flowers are this year? Am I too early or too late to get up there to see them this year?

21 replies to this topic
Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
reviews: 101
1. Re: Albion Basin Wildflowers 2013

Ooh,,, good question. Maybe a good afternoon activity for today.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Travel Gadgets and Gear
reviews: 202
2. Re: Albion Basin Wildflowers 2013

Well, I guess I know where I'm going this weekend to research. While I haven't been to Albion, I have been up in Big Cottonwood, Brighton/Solitude, Twin Lakes, etc. Flowers there are in very strong bloom. Kbecjeans, let us know if you make it up there today. I was looking for a Saturday destination.

Roosevelt, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
reviews: 37
3. Re: Albion Basin Wildflowers 2013

I was wondering this myself! I have friends that want to hike up to Timpanogos for the wildflowers--

*Pixie*

Salt Lake City, UT
reviews: 9
4. Re: Albion Basin Wildflowers 2013

I took my road bike up Little Cottonwood today, but of course turned around at the end of the pavement, before Albion basin. I did notice on the north slope at the top of the canyon huge blooms of yellow flowers.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
5. Re: Albion Basin Wildflowers 2013

I was not able to go. Any news?

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
reviews: 18
6. Re: Albion Basin Wildflowers 2013

I went up to climb the Devils Castle yesterday and the flowers were spectacular. As soon as you get to about Flagstaff Peak the hills are yellow all the way up to the parking lot below Catherines Pass. Past that, all the way to Cecret Lake, I don't think the paintbrush and other flowers have hit their peak based on what I have seen in previous years. But going through the lower portain definitely put a huge smile on my face. It is absolutely gorgeous.

Roosevelt, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
reviews: 37
7. Re: Albion Basin Wildflowers 2013

Thanks!!

Provo, Utah
8. Re: Albion Basin Wildflowers 2013

Thanks for the info. I hope to get up there next week.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
9. Re: Albion Basin Wildflowers 2013

Thank you for the post and the reports. Because of them we took the time for a quick visit this evening. Little cottonwood is a gem. Such a retreat from the valley heat and haze and clutter. Even if I go up the canyon I don't always go up past alta so it was a wonderful drive.

It is early season for the flowers. The hills were gorgeous absolutely covered in the yellow balsam root. Lupine was out in the lower elevations near alta base. Some lobelia and Indian paintbrush. It was a taste for the eyes. But I would guess the classic peak will be another couple of weeks.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
reviews: 18
10. Re: Albion Basin Wildflowers 2013

Yeah I went back up tonight for a few hours myself and got some great photos of the sun setting behind Superior. I also saw a couple of moose, 30 feet away from the Cecret Lake parking lot, just grazing on some willows. Can't wait to go back up there soon. A hike up Timpanogus may be in order in the next week or so as well.

Reply to: Albion Basin Wildflowers 2013
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted