We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weekend daytime activities

Which Austin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
weekend daytime activities

Will be in Austin this weekend and staying downtown a the omni. We are going for my bday and prebachelor party bros trip. We only have saturday and a few hours sun to do activities. We are from california and wanna do something outdoors where we can meet cute girls preferably. Are there any pool parties nearby like at W? I also heard about barton spring and lake travis. Ae those worth going to?

Austin, Texas
reviews: 6
1. Re: weekend daytime activities

yes the W has a sunday pool crowd, also RIO the same bar i responded to in your nightclub request is trying to have a sunday pool crowd since it has opened dont know if they have succeded.

barton springs is a must see i think, full of local flavor, and is always quite crowded but you wont have the convience of a bartender waiting on you etc. so I dont know if that would work for you. I think if you have the opportunity on sat to rent a boat and go on lake travis you have the best of both worlds, because its ideal meeting spot as you requested as well as have a party boat atmosphere. good luck and enjot austin :)

Los Angeles...
2. Re: weekend daytime activities

Whens the best time to go to these for maximum enjoyment. Spring and lake?

Austin, Texas
reviews: 6
3. Re: weekend daytime activities

Its hot here in Texas, so the busy time for both of these is summer time

Austin, Texas
Destination Expert
for Austin
reviews: 166
4. Re: weekend daytime activities

If I understand correctly, Sc00ter is asking about the best time of DAY to go to Barton Springs and the lake, not time of year, as he is already coming this weekend. If that's the case, as noted, it will be hot, and people are at Barton Springs all day. For a younger crowd, that probably means late afternoon, or at least after lunch. The lake is really an all day activity for most people. If you are hoping to rent a boat as MisNOV suggested, you really need to start calling around now to see what if anything is still available for this weekend. Just google "Lake Travis boat rentals" for lots of options.

Los Angeles...
5. Re: weekend daytime activities

yah was asking what time of day and which day. So looks like Saturday will do either Lake Travis or Barton Springs in the afternoon. Sunday will checkout the W pool.

Los Angeles...
6. Re: weekend daytime activities

What do you guys thinking of Tubing? I heard it was fun at Guadalupe or New Brausals?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=py26bxAfOEg

Austin, Texas
Destination Expert
for Austin
reviews: 166
7. Re: weekend daytime activities

The pool at the W is reserved for registered hotel guests and residents of the condos on weekends, so that may not be an option for Sunday - http://www.whotelaustin.com/austin-wet

Tubing is a very popular summer activity. Guadalupe is the name of the river that runs through parts of the city of New Braunfels. This is a very party-oriented activity, so it may interest your group. You can also go tubing on the Comal River, but that tends to be a less crowded, less party-oriented scene, so it may not be your thing. There is lots of information about tubing on the forums, or you can google "New Braunfels tubing" and get tons of info. You will need a car to get to New Braunfels from Austin.

8. Re: weekend daytime activities

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, August 25, 2014