We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

35-40 year old business retreat in August 2013 - Bar Scene?

Which Austin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
chicago
35-40 year old business retreat in August 2013 - Bar Scene?

Need help for August 2013. I am the retreat planner and I gotta show these guys a fun time. Any help would be appreciated.

Bars?

Dinner - cool scene and good eats

Again, thanks Trip Advisor forum members!!!!

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
reviews: 6
1. Re: 35-40 year old business retreat in August 2013 - Bar Scene?

Dinner from a food truck in a bar - done and done. East Side King at Liberty.

Alexandria, Virginia
reviews: 12
2. Re: 35-40 year old business retreat in August 2013 - Bar Scene?

How many people are you planning for? My husband and I just returned from a trip to Austin. We ate at the Iron Cactus. We sat on the patio upstairs, and we liked that we could hear the action of 6th street, but we were above it (better for an older crowd). There were a few larger groups there as well.

I'd also suggest checking out the bars and restaurants on west 6th street (closer to whole foods). They were pretty dead when we walked by at around 9pm on a Monday night, but looked really chill/awesome. Some were sports bars, almost all had outdoor patios or open window/walls. We wish we had known of that area earlier so we could have checked a couple places out.

Austin, TX
Destination Expert
for Austin
reviews: 132
3. Re: 35-40 year old business retreat in August 2013 - Bar Scene?

I'd have martinis and oysters at Eddie V's followed by jazz at the Elephant Club or music on 6th St.

Dinner at Moonshine, followed by Esther's Follies. Guero's and Continental Club. There is a lot of cool in Austin. (not me, I just hear about it)

4. Re: 35-40 year old business retreat in August 2013 - Bar Scene?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, April 18, 2014