We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

May trip?

Which Austin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Loch Arbour, New...
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
reviews: 62
May trip?

I am looking into spending maybe a week to 10 days in Austin and the Hill Country sometime in May. Is there any event or happening going on during that month that I should be aware of in making my reservations?

Thanks....

Houston, TX
reviews: 25
1. Re: May trip?

Check the graduation dates for The University of Texas at Austin. This usually occurs over a weekend in mid-May. The various schools/majors have their ceremonies on the Friday and Saturday and then there is a university wide ceremony on the Saturday night on campus. Most hotels book up in advance, many have 2 or 3 night minimum stays, and the prices are generally much higher. This also impacts restaurants as many people are out celebrating.

Loch Arbour, New...
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
2. Re: May trip?

Thanks, that's the kind of info I'm looking for....

Adelaide, Australia
reviews: 33
3. Re: May trip?

V8 supercar racing at circuit of americas 17/18/19th so expect a few Aussies in town

Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
reviews: 60
4. Re: May trip?

Spring Commencement and the race are the same weekend. Suggest you stay away from the city that weekend. Try Fredericksburg, Boerne, New Braunfels, San Antonio...all within an hour's drive of Austin.

Loch Arbour, New...
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
5. Re: May trip?

My dates are flexible, so I'll definitely avoid that weekend.

Thanks.

austin, TX
reviews: 4
6. Re: May trip?

Gruene Hall is worth checking out - allegedly the oldest dance hall in Texas, they book a LOT of really good acts for such an intimate venue. May is a great time to visit - just be aware that things in Texas are big & spread out so you will most definitely need a car!

7. Re: May trip?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 01, 2014