We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel near 6th for sxsw

Which Austin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hotel near 6th for sxsw

My husband and I will be in austin for a wedding and are staying an extra night to enjoy sxsw. What hotel in town would you suggest. We're not familiar with austin or sxsw. Any venues we should try to make? We'll be ther st. Patrick's day.

Edited: 10:03 pm, January 20, 2013
Austin, Texas
Destination Expert
for Austin
reviews: 166
1. Re: Hotel near 6th for sxsw

St. Patrick's Day (March 17), is the last day of SXSW, but the city will still likely be packed with people. Most years, the crowds clear out on Monday. If you haven't booked a hotel yet for that weekend, you are probably not going to find anything in downtown Austin, or if you do it will be very very expensive. SXSW brings hundreds of thousands of visitors to the city, and hotel rooms have been mostly booked since last year's festival ended. I would serach the major booking sites - Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, etc. - and if you find something available book it.

During SXSW many of the venues are open only to those that have purchased expensive badges or wristbands. Any of the big names playing that weekend, will be for badge holders only. Other venues will be open to the general public, but you may have to spend some time waiting in line. I avoid SXSW, but there are several regular posters who can give you some advice about getting into venues and what your best bets may be.

2. Re: Hotel near 6th for sxsw

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 23, 2014