We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Austin in July - car needed?

Which Austin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vermont
reviews: 15
Austin in July - car needed?

My husband has to speak at a conference in July and my children (14 and 12) will be going with us. Do I need a car, or is there a lot to do nearby where I won't need to rent one? I've never been to TX is driving in Austin hard (is it a big-city driving place)? It's just going to be the 3 of us while my husband works and then we're heading to San Antonio for the "family vacation" portion of the trip and we'll get a car for that.

West Chester...
11. Re: Austin in July - car needed?

If you rent a car, DO NOT rent from the airport location. Take a shuttle to your hotel and rent from a nearby in city car rental location. This will save you BIG BUCKS, as rentals at the airport carry a premium. Most agencies let you return the car directly to the airport without penalty, and many agencies will have someone pick you up at your hotel to transport you to the agency to sign the papers and pick up the car. I found that Hotwire, Priceline, and direct agency web sites offer the best deals. Also check RentalCarMomma.com for discount codes. Good luck and have fun in Austin in July!

12. Re: Austin in July - car needed?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:42 pm, June 20, 2013