We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to dine for our 21st Anniversary dinner?

Which Austin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Huntsville, Texas
reviews: 1
Where to dine for our 21st Anniversary dinner?

We are heading to Austin next Saturday to celebrate our 21st Anniversary. Being that our daughter is a UT student, we know there are many fantastic dining options in the area. We've not experienced any of the high-end/fancy restaurants so we'd love your input on where to go. All suggestions are welcome!

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Midland, Austin
reviews: 8
1. Re: Where to dine for our 21st Anniversary dinner?

The Driskill Grill in the Driskill Hotel

Huntsville, Texas
2. Re: Where to dine for our 21st Anniversary dinner?

The Driskill is on the list. What are their specialty menu items?

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Midland, Austin
reviews: 8
3. Re: Where to dine for our 21st Anniversary dinner?

http://www.driskillgrill.com/

Aubrey, Texas
reviews: 144
4. Re: Where to dine for our 21st Anniversary dinner?

Congratulations on the anniversary and on having a daughter in college. Austin indeed has many fine places to dine, but I doubt there is a better restaurant in the city than Chez Nous, a downtown bistro with great french food at a reasonable price. It is small and casual, so not the place to go if you want bling for the special occasion. Check the reviews on TA.

Austin, Texas
Destination Expert
for Austin
reviews: 41
5. Re: Where to dine for our 21st Anniversary dinner?

Last week a friend told me they celebrated their anniversary at Vince Young's Steakhouse. When the restaurant realized it was their anniversary the chef came out to say congratulations and then sent every dessert on the menu for the party of 6.

I've only been there for drinks and appetizers but she raved about the food and the service for a special occasion.

You can't go wrong with the Driskill either!

Welcome to Austin and congrats on the anniversary!

Austin, Texas
Destination Expert
for Austin
reviews: 170
6. Re: Where to dine for our 21st Anniversary dinner?

If you want something smaller and more intimate, I highly recommend Olivia on South Lamar. The menu changes daily and features seasonal items from local farms and ranches. It is where we will be celebrating our anniversary in May.

Austin, TX
Destination Expert
for Austin
reviews: 132
7. Re: Where to dine for our 21st Anniversary dinner?

We had a really good meal at Trio at the Four Seasons for Valentine's day. Here's a link - http://www.triorestaurantaustin.com/

Austin, Texas
reviews: 33
8. Re: Where to dine for our 21st Anniversary dinner?

Green Pastures is a very special old-Austin restaurant with great food and beautiful grounds.

http://greenpasturesrestaurant.com/

reviews: 46
9. Re: Where to dine for our 21st Anniversary dinner?

Looks like your time in Austin has passed, but I would have suggested Eddie V's downtown.

So where did you choose?

Huntsville, Texas
10. Re: Where to dine for our 21st Anniversary dinner?

Thanks everyone for your input! It appears we may need to make multiple trips to Austin to dine at all of these fabulous places. For our anniversary dinner, we chose the Driskill Grill. Our table wasn't ready when we arrived so we sat at the bar and a drink. The bar lives up to the hype. It was classy, spacious, lively and beautiful. We will be back, if even only for the bar experience. Once seated for our meal, I knew what I was ordering before I even got there...the filet! My husband chose the lamb chops and we started the meal with the lobster bisque. Our food was outstanding! It was most definitely the best steak I've ever had. The unfortunate part of the night was our waiter. He was slow and unattentive. There were a few times we actually asked ourselves when we saw him last. It was not busy by any stretch. We are a friendly couple and generally drum up conversation with our servers but this was unique and disappointing. Other than that glitch (I'm assuming it's a glitch) the night was fabulous.

Thanks again for all the input. I'm a TA junkie and would never dine or travel without it!