We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Round Rock Express baseball question

Which Austin hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
North Carolina
reviews: 15
Round Rock Express baseball question

I am coming to Austin for a conference in July. My son and husband are coming along with me and it falls during my husband's birthday. He is a die-hard baseball fan and I thought about getting tickets for the night of his birthday. How far from Austin is the stadium? Also, I have looked up tickets and found some on row six behind the home dugout, with seats numbered in the twenties but on the far left...are there stairs then on that side also? We are "end of row" people because I hate climbing over people to get out but tickets 1-3 are all gone but if there is an entrance/exit on each side of the section of seats then I will just go for the seats numbered in the twenties. Not sure if any of that just made sense! LOL

Thanks in advance!

Dallas, Texas
reviews: 8
1. Re: Round Rock Express baseball question

I used to live in Round Rock, my best guess would be that it should take you anywhere from 25-35 minutes, depending on what part of Austin you'll be in. It could take longer on lots of variables, including traffic, etc etc.

Round Rock Express games are SO much fun! You'll have a great time. And I see you're going in July- maybe they'll still be doing a fireworks show.. That's a lot of fun too, after the game.

North Carolina
reviews: 15
2. Re: Round Rock Express baseball question

Thanks Oklahomayorkie! Are there stairs on either side of each section so you can get to that section from the right and left?

I am excited about surprising him with this! We have field level seats to a Yankees game in two weeks and he is acting like a kid at Christmas!

La Junta, Colorado
reviews: 5
3. Re: Round Rock Express baseball question

How did you acquire field level seats for a Yankees game? We are going to NYC in August and I'd love to get good seats for Saturday August 13 afternoon game.

Austin, TX
4. Re: Round Rock Express baseball question

Hi,

I'm a die-hard Houston Astros/ Round Rock Express fan and go to the "mouse pad" (aka: Dell Diamond) often. There are stairs on either side of the sections. If you've never been to a minor league game, you won't regret it, much more entertaining than major league at least for family entertainment value.

Other details about the stadium:

1)On the outfield concourse, there's a children's play area, Texadelphia restaurant (best cheesesteaks in town!)

2)In left field, follow the concourse past the stairs down to the field on the right and you'll find the entrance to the locker rooms. Thirty minutes (give or take) before game time, the players come out and autographs can be obtained quite easily if you ask politely!

3)Fridays are "fireworks nights" with a show following the game

Other promotions can be found by going to thier website www.roundrockexpress.com (Use the schedule button on the top toolbar on the homepage and select July. Gameday Giveaways are noted with a yellow "P" (promotion) on the calendar date. Click the "P" to show what the promotion is.

4)Foul balls are plentiful! If your son wants an almost sure bet to retrieve one, wait just across the "street" outside the stadium (actually between the stadium and the parking lot) on the first base side of the stadium and a few are always sure to "leave the yard"!

Oh, by the way, parking is only $4!

Have Fun,

Chris