We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where a family & dog should stay in June?

Which Arlington hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Arkansas
Where a family & dog should stay in June?

Hello everyone,

We are planning a vacation to Six Flags/Hurricane Harbor and other various attractions and I need some help finding a hotel to stay at in Arlington that allows pets. We are a family of 4 (1 child and 1 small dog). I have done some research but sometimes pics are deceiving. Just looking for a clean room in a good part of town. Something safe...

Can anyone tell me anything about these hotels? or rather whether we should or should not stay here... Thanks in advance.

AmeriSuites

2380 East Road To Six Flags

Baymont Inn & Suites - Arlington

2401 Diplomacy Drive

Howard Johnson Express Inn

2001 E. Copeland Road

Hawthorn Suites Arlington DFW South

2401 Brookhollow Plaza Drive

Thanks again for any information.

Ft. Worth
reviews: 3
1. Re: Where a family & dog should stay in June?

The Howard Johnson has received bad reviews on this forum.

The Amerisuites and Baymont Inn are within walking distance to the entrance of Six Flags.

The Hawthorne seems to be in a good area, but is a block away from the 3 hotels on Hwy360 that received bad publicity in the Fort Worth paper a couple of weeks ago. The Arlington Police placed a sign in front of those hotels stating "High Crime Area". Evidently those hotels were renting rooms by the hour, and there was some type of solicitation of prostitution going on there. It was a very proactive move by the Police to try to clean up the area. This really surprised me because there are lots of nice restaurants in that area and it seems very nice.

I recommend taking part of one day to visit Fort Woof Park. It is inside Gateway Park, which is north of I30, between Oakland and Beach St. It is about 10 minutes west of Arlington. It moved up from the #2 dog park in the U.S.A. to #1 this year. There are two sections, one for large dogs, and one for small.

Google "Fort Woof Park" for more information.

2. Re: Where a family & dog should stay in June?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 pm, August 14, 2009