We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for rest area between Amarillo, Tx & Clayton, NM?

Which Amarillo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ft. Worth
reviews: 25
Looking for rest area between Amarillo, Tx & Clayton, NM?

Will be traveling from DFW area and looking for somewhere to have a picnic type lunch on the way to Co. Amarillo is just a little bit too soon but I don't know if we can last til Clayton : ) Anything in the Dumas or Dalhart area?

A decent park, river, etc. will suffice. Already looked for rest area on TxDot's website and the last one it shows on that route is in Amarillo.

Thanks for any help you can give!

Aubrey, Texas
reviews: 145
1. Re: Looking for rest area between Amarillo, Tx & Clayton, NM?

I've traveled that route on several occasions, however I can't recall whether there are any roadside parks along the way. Perhaps one of the local experts can advise about that. If you use Google Maps and zoom in on Dumas with the satellite feature, you'll see a couple of parks that look suitable for a picnic lunch.

Ft. Worth
reviews: 25
2. Re: Looking for rest area between Amarillo, Tx & Clayton, NM?

Thanks texhills, found just what I was looking for. I had never used that feature of Google before, worked wonderfully!

3. Re: Looking for rest area between Amarillo, Tx & Clayton, NM?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:23 am, June 29, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Amarillo