We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hiking and other sutff?

Which Altoona hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chattanooga...
reviews: 61
Hiking and other sutff?

My wife and I will be camping nearby in 2010 as part of a 14day state wide tent camping road trip.

We will be visiting delgrossos adn Lakemont in one day leaving us an extra day here for hiking and outdoorsy stuff.

Does anyone have any suggestions of a state park or at least great trails nearby?

Also interested in a good cheap hole in the wall restaraunt nearby also. We hate mainstream eating places.

Pittsburgh...
reviews: 55
1. Re: Hiking and other sutff?

Trough Creek State Park is very nice, we also have Glendale State Park, Canoe Creek State Park. Also, lots of biking trails around if you are bringing a bike. Trough Creek is my favorite, but it is about 40 minutes from Delgrossos Park. It is very close to Lake Raystown Resort which has many hiking trails. Lots of good places to eat. Tim's All American Cafe and Jack and Georges are both good. Lots of Italian type restaurants also around. Feel free to send me a message if you have more questions.

Pittsburgh...
2. Re: Hiking and other sutff?

Check this out: …state.pa.us/stateparks/…troughcreek.aspx

Pittsburgh...
3. Re: Hiking and other sutff?

I forgot these good restaurants: Fat Daddys Barb-B-Q, Clems's Barb-B-Q, and if you like Mexican I would recommend El Campesino

4. Re: Hiking and other sutff?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 12, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Altoona