We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation to Newark Airport?

Which Allentown hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pennsylvania
reviews: 11
Transportation to Newark Airport?

I can get such better deals to Europe by flying out of Newark than ABE. Is there any kind of bus or van service from Allentown? I looked in to this also for flying out of Philly but could not find any info. (The buses just go to 30th street station.) Many thanks.

Coopersburg...
Destination Expert
for Allentown
reviews: 100
1. Re: Transportation to Newark Airport?

Transbridge goes to EWR. http://www.transbridgelines.com/

Coopersburg...
Destination Expert
for Allentown
2. Re: Transportation to Newark Airport?

If you need public transportation to PHL, you could take the Bieber bus biebertourways.com/Schedules_and_Pricing.html to 30th street station and then local rail (SEPTA) to the airport. http://www.septa.org/stations/rail/30th.html It's not the most straightforward, but my daughter has done both. Transbridge to EWR and Bieber to SEPTA to PHL. You could also get a taxi to PHL from 30th street. I think the cost is about $10.

Pennsylvania
3. Re: Transportation to Newark Airport?

Excellent replies -- thank you! and that tip about a taxi to the airport from 30th street station really opens up possibilities.

Someone mentioned going to Lansdale via SEPTA-- is that an option? Is htere any (short-term) parking at Lansdale if someone would meet me there to pick me up?

Coopersburg...
Destination Expert
for Allentown
4. Re: Transportation to Newark Airport?

Yes. I often go to Philly via the SEPTA R-5 from Lansdale. They have a large metered parking lot that is inexpensive. It's about 40 minutes from the Lehigh county line.

5. Re: Transportation to Newark Airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 7:39 pm, March 31, 2013
Pennsylvania
6. Re: Transportation to Newark Airport?

Thanks --now i have all the options. I usually fly form DC as my parents live there and I can drop off the kids and get cheaper flights from IAD. That may not always be an option as my parents get older so I need to start planning to fly out of Philly and Newark.

I checked on the Phila site and it looks like the set cab fare is around $30 (info a bit old) but there is a dedicated SEPTA line to the airport that is convenient and cheap.

Good tips on Bieber buses -- I take them to NYC but hadn't considered to Philly. Good to know.

Hard to read the Transbridge timetables to Newark but I'll just call them ;-)

Coopersburg...
Destination Expert
for Allentown
7. Re: Transportation to Newark Airport?

With one of our kids living in New England and the other in DC, nether with a car, we've learned all about trains, planes, buses and cabs!

Allentown...
reviews: 181
8. Re: Transportation to Newark Airport?

If you want to take SEPTA to Philadelphia, the Colmar station (south on 309 past Quakertown) is alternative to Lansdale. The Colmar station is just off 309, so it's much easier to get to.

For Newark, I believe the Trans Bridge bus is the only realistic option (other than hiring a car service or leaving your car in an off-airport parking lot).

Coopersburg...
Destination Expert
for Allentown
9. Re: Transportation to Newark Airport?

I prefer Lansdale for a couple of reasons. It has an actual station with a coffeeshop, bathrooms and a live person that gives out tickets. Also, there are more trains that stop at Lansdale, so if you miss one, you can catch another one soon after that. Parking is the same at both places. I hate the lights on 309 so generally choose the turnpike, but Colmar is more direct as far as that goes and a good point.

Pennsylvania
10. Re: Transportation to Newark Airport?

The more options the better -- many thanks for the input.