We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alternative elderly lodging for 6 people for weekend in may

Which Allentown hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
boston
reviews: 16
Alternative elderly lodging for 6 people for weekend in may

Any ideas of affordable lodging for weekend in may..2 are elderly. 6 people in total. Any apartments or alternatives to hotels that are too costly?

9 replies to this topic
Coopersburg...
Destination Expert
for Allentown
reviews: 79
1. Re: Alternative elderly lodging for 6 people for weekend in may

I've had great success just using Priceline for hotels up here. We've gotten rooms at $50 - $70 for several days around Thanksgiving and Christmas. My parents can no longer stay with us because our spare bedrooms are upstairs and they can't do stairs any longer. They've stayed at the Spring Hill Suites and Holiday Inn Express and liked them both. Free breakfast too.

There are a few B & B's listed for the area, but I don't think they are any cheaper then what I've gotten. You could also try this: https://www.airbnb.com/s/Bethlehem I would pay close attention to the addresses. There are bad areas in Bethlehem and Allentown.

Edited: 7:51 am, January 21, 2013
boston
2. Re: Alternative elderly lodging for 6 people for weekend in may

Thanks so much for taking the time to add your input.

I will look at the link you sent. Priceline is great but have landed at a very bad hotel several times so I am a bit wary - especially for the elderly folks who need a good clean hotel with no steps. Thanks again!

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
reviews: 36
3. Re: Alternative elderly lodging for 6 people for weekend in may

not sure about apartments but there are a number of suite hotels that have either full or efficiency kitchens.

There is a residence inn near the airport. We used to stay at Springhill Suites which was very nice, included breakfast and a restaurant right in the same parking lot.

Coopersburg...
Destination Expert
for Allentown
4. Re: Alternative elderly lodging for 6 people for weekend in may

My concerns were the same, which is why I limited my star rankings to 3 stars and above. If you look at the Allentown/Bethlehem area, you'll see that the hotels that have those star rankings are very good ones. I usually go to a bidding site first too just to see what deals other people have gotten.

boston
5. Re: Alternative elderly lodging for 6 people for weekend in may

Yes, I know - I've stayed out there before but the prices will be steep for 6 adults - 3 rooms...thanks.

boston
6. Re: Alternative elderly lodging for 6 people for weekend in may

I agree with the 3 starts and above - I' m just concerned about the cost. Last time I Priceline'd we ended up at a 2.5 star and it was not good and that happened over two occasions so I stopped using Priceline for Allentown.

Thanks for the input.

Coopersburg...
Destination Expert
for Allentown
7. Re: Alternative elderly lodging for 6 people for weekend in may

The problem is that most B & B's don't participate on Priceline and in this area there aren't too many B&B's anyway so they can charge what they want. When I was looking for a B & B for my parents, I realized that all of the ones that I looked at had stairs/shared bathrooms/cost more then a hotel. I agree that the cost isn't going to be low, maybe the airbnb site has something.

For elderly people the suites aren't as helpful as they are with families because you can't really use the sofa beds. I agree about the convenience of the full size kitchen though. Good luck!

boston
8. Re: Alternative elderly lodging for 6 people for weekend in may

Thanks for you input.

Allentown...
reviews: 165
9. Re: Alternative elderly lodging for 6 people for weekend in may

There are two Homewood Suites, one on Schoenersville Road near ABE Airport, and one on Route 100. If they have their own transportation, then these will work out well. The apartments have kitchens and dining tables.

I've stayed at the one on Schoenersville Road, and it was very nice.

Reply to: Alternative elderly lodging for 6 people for weekend in may
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted