We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where should I stay?

Which Akron hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
South Elgin...
Where should I stay?

Need suggestions. I'll be in OH for most of the week starting Dec. 13. I'll be working in Orange/East Cleveland area, however, I have friends in Akron, so that's where I'll spend my off time. It looks like a fairly straight highway shot from Akron to Orange, albeit a 45 minute drive.

So where is a safe, affordable, nice hotel somewhere in that corridor?

Cleveland
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Cleveland
reviews: 23
1. Re: Where should I stay?

Orange and East Cleveland, if you're talking about the city of East Cleveland (this is what Clevelanders mean by "East Cleveland"), aren't that close. If you're going to spend several days in East Cleveland then several days in Orange, I would suggest you relocate during your stay.

Probably the best place to stay near East Cleveland is the Glidden House Inn in University Circle. University Circle is adjacent to East Cleveland, but a much nicer area. From University Circle, you could drive west to East 55th, where a short drive south would take you to I-490, which would very quickly connect you to I-77.

If you're going to be going back and forth between East Cleveland and Orange, or if you mean that you'll be working in the eastern suburbs of Greater Cleveland, and not East Cleveland, check out the hotels in Beachwood:

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g50065-Beachwood_Ohio…

The Marriott Cleveland East in Warrensville Heights, just off I-271 on Harvard Road, is extremely well located for Orange and is a little further south than the other hotels off Chagrin Blvd. in Beachwood.

tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS

If you want to stay further south, closer to Akron, check out hotels in Richfield or Hudson, depending upon where in the Akron area you plan to spend most of your time.

Enjoy your stay in Northeast Ohio!

Edited: 11:39 am, November 15, 2010
Cleveland
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Cleveland
2. Re: Where should I stay?

Another location to consider, especially if you're actually working in East Cleveland or if your friends live in the western area of Akron, is Independence. The Red Roof Inn there is a great bargain, according to a friend who stayed there a couple years ago.

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g50470-Independence_O…

South Elgin...
3. Re: Where should I stay?

Sorry, didn't know there was an actual East Cleveland. I'll be working in Orange. And thanks for your help

Edited: 12:03 pm, November 15, 2010
Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
reviews: 85
4. Re: Where should I stay?

there are some hotels off Route 8 in Macedonia which is exactly midway between Akron and Orange. Route 8 connects you to I-271 which takes you south towards Akron via I-77 (or directly south on Route 8 leads to Akron) and I-271 takes you north towards Orange, Beachwood, Pepper Pike area.

The Country Inn & Suites in Macedonia would be nice - there are lots of restaurants and shops around there too. Easy access to the interstate, etc.

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Macedonia

7820 Capital Blvd, Macedonia OH 44056,

Reservations: 1-800-596-2375 US/Canada Toll-free

Telephone: (330) 908-1700 Fax: (330) 908-1702

Email: cx_mace@countryinns.com

Cleveland
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Cleveland
5. Re: Where should I stay?

When evaluating hotels on TA, don't IMO just rely on the rankings. Be certain to look through the reviews to see the ratings and comments by travelers with a significant number of contributions, because sometimes they can be very different than the ratings by single contribution reviewers that apparently influence the rankings of some properties.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g50587-d226032-…

Good luck on your property search and trip!

6. Re: Where should I stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, May 16, 2011