We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Put in Bay or Geneva on the Lake?

Which Akron hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
St Paul, MN
Put in Bay or Geneva on the Lake?

I've got 2 nights to hang with my sister. We are over 40 and pretty fun. We like thrift stores, the beach and tequila. Which town would be better, Put in Bay or Geneva on the Lake?

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
reviews: 62
1. Re: Put in Bay or Geneva on the Lake?

Put in Bay is a fun place, I would combine it with Marblehead and the other islands like Kelly's Island. PIB is a mecca for bachelor & bachelorette parties in the summer, lots of drinking and paryting in the cabins. They have stores, galleries and restaurants galore!

i haven't been to Geneva on the Lake in years, so I can't help in that area.

NE OHIO
2. Re: Put in Bay or Geneva on the Lake?

Tuff choice. Depends on what you want to do. PIB is as described above and a lot of fun. Geneva-on-the-lake is much the same but a bit family oriented but if you want to drive a bit there are about 20 different wineries to try out all within about 10-15 miles and GOL is less expensive.

Columbus, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
reviews: 40
3. Re: Put in Bay or Geneva on the Lake?

I love Geneva-on-the-Lake for the wineries. Many have live music & tapas type food. I've also been to PIB. I think for tequila & the beach you should head to PIB.

4. Re: Put in Bay or Geneva on the Lake?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 10, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Akron