We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beer store?

Pennsylvania
reviews: 5
Beer store?

Hi All!

Have a trip to Avon planned with my family for August. Is there a beer distributer in Avon? I know they have Island Spice and Wine, but not sure if they sold beer? How about Food Lion there? Do they have the typical beer for sale? Looking for just Coors, Miller, etc.. nothing fancy. I know some Grocery Stores sell beer but was not sure about this Food Lion. Just trying to figure out if we will have to either stop on the way to Avon and load up, or bring it along from home. Thanks!!

Virginia Beach...
Destination Expert
for Ocracoke
reviews: 57
1. Re: Beer store?

Yes, all grocery stores sell beer and wine.

richmond
reviews: 8
2. Re: Beer store?

No beer or wine sales before noon on Sunday. Also ABC stores are closed Sunday.

Pennsylvania
3. Re: Beer store?

Great, thanks much to you both!

NJ
reviews: 32
4. Re: Beer store?

As the others have stated, the Food Lion sells beer. Just wanted to offer my suggestion that you try the Fat Tire beer. It is excellent and so far, not distributed above Maryland . It's a treat worth trying and we even bring a few cases home to enjoy throughout the fall...

Pennsylvania
5. Re: Beer store?

Thanks for the suggestion! We will have to try that. Is it located in Avon, or somewhere nearby?

Penndel, PA
reviews: 42
6. Re: Beer store?

Food Lion is the cheapest but you will also pass a couple of Brew Thru's (drive through beer stores) on the way. Its quick and easy though a bit more $$ - convenient if you want a cold beer while unpacking the car and don't want to wait in the lines at Food Lion!

7. Re: Beer store?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 pm, October 27, 2014