We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue Cruise Cabin Charter with Gutletyacht.net

Which Bodrum City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancovuer
reviews: 4
Blue Cruise Cabin Charter with Gutletyacht.net

My husband and I are considering doing a 7 day cabin charter through Getletyacht.net. It is out of Bodrum on an air conditioned boat called Yacht Richmond IV. The cruise will be to Greek islands South Dodocanese. Has anyone had experience with this Booking Agency? Has anyone been on this exact or similar cruise?

My husband (70 years old with a bad back & knees) and myself (57 who loves swimming in the ocean) need to find a balance. we both love visiting little villlages and ports and eating well. I love swimming. So we do not want to be anchored in bays every evening. Any advise would be helpful.

Bristol, United...
reviews: 1
1. Re: Blue Cruise Cabin Charter with Gutletyacht.net

Hi, we have done quite a few gulet holidays and love them.

We have never been with this company so cannot comment on them but can comment on gulet holidays in general - going by the boats we've been on.

I don't know how bad your husbands back & knees are but there is a walkway to get on the boat which some people find awkward to negotiate although the crew should give you a hand and when you are on the boat there are narrow walkways down either side, usually with a couple of steps down at the beginning. There is usually quite steep steps down into the lounge area and sometimes more steps down to the cabins. Nothing too bad but, as I say I don't know how able he is. But bear in mind that you spend very little time in the cabin so you will probably not be up and down all day.

I have had a look at the cabins on this boat and we have stayed in far smaller/basic cabins with no room to swing a cat - but we managed and it hasn't put us off!. Remember to take soft baggage as there is very little storage in the cabin. And don't pack loads of clothes because you will live in swim gear all day with sarong/tshirt/shorts for quick coverup at meals and decent clothes in evening (some people do dress up a little more in the evening but it's by no means cocktail dresses!). No shoes - you take them off at the start and only put them on again if you go off boat!

Mealtimes are very social, (I see there are 9 cabins so potentially 18 people?) its like the Waltons, passing around dishes, but we have only ever had good, basic, healthy Turkish food given to us and plenty of it. Don't expect fancy or British dishes with sticky puddings after - another complaint by other travellers on our last Gulet!!!

The other thing I would like to say is that in our experience you will, if not on all nights, but certainly most nights, moor up in small remote bays which in our opinion is one of the highlights of the holiday! So tranquil! Your cruise may be different but on our last gulet holiday it was one of the biggest complaints from our fellow travellers. At the end of the day it is up to the Captain where and when he moors up! Being an island cruise I'm assuming that you will have visiting the islands on the itinary and so may well get off the boat more than some holiday routes?

I hope I have not painted a negative picture of the holiday, I think that the only people that don't enjoy themselves when they are on a gulet are people that are not expecting what they get! It is a fantastic holiday, so much so, we are going on one again in August to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary! We love the peace and tranquility, watching the beautiful coast go by, you cannot help but to unwind completely! Swimming in the small deserted bays is wonderful! The company is normally good and varied for conversation in the evenings. You may even have games and dancing in the evening!

We cannot do anything else but thoroughly recommend gulet holidays.

Bodrum
Destination Expert
for Bodrum City
reviews: 41
2. Re: Blue Cruise Cabin Charter with Gutletyacht.net

You might want to check with guletyacht.net to see how many evenings will be in bays, because with cabin charters, people booking the cruise all have different arrival and departure times, and the gulet will normally be in the harbor on the first night and last night. Also check to see what arrangements are offered for your last day until your flight, as you'll probably be disembarked at 10 a.m. Also, quite a few Greek islands do require foreign flagged yachts to be in the harbor and not at anchor at night.

Vancovuer
3. Re: Blue Cruise Cabin Charter with Gutletyacht.net

Thank you so much for your thoughtful reply. There is no doubt I will love this cruise but I am a little concrned it might not meet my husband's expectations although as long as I am happy, he "ususally" is happy. His knees & back prevent him from walking very far but he shouod be able to manage the boat. As for the food, I think we will both love it as we are Canadian and he is Greek desent so I think it will be fine. One of th reason's I chose this cruise was because it does some Greek islands and they are required to overnight in the ports while in Greece. This gives me some comfort in case we do not enjoy the food and/or company on the boat, at least we can wander off the boat.

4. Re: Blue Cruise Cabin Charter with Gutletyacht.net

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:33 am, December 02, 2012
Vancovuer
5. Re: Blue Cruise Cabin Charter with Gutletyacht.net

What does your cost ?

6. Re: Blue Cruise Cabin Charter with Gutletyacht.net

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:33 am, December 02, 2012
7. Re: Blue Cruise Cabin Charter with Gutletyacht.net

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

Removed on: 10:08 am, December 02, 2012
Washington, DC
reviews: 22
8. Re: Blue Cruise Cabin Charter with Gutletyacht.net

Which gulet company did you go with? I'm looking for a cabin charter as well and I've scoured this forum. But all the options seem to be a gamble on crew as well as cleanliness and condition of the boat.

9. Re: Blue Cruise Cabin Charter with Gutletyacht.net

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 1:15 am, December 22, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Bodrum City
More Bodrum City Topics