We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Living in Ankara

Which Ankara hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tehran, Iran
Living in Ankara

Hi

My friend and I plan to spend our time in Turkey for some months and visit governmental departments in Ankara several times while we stay in Turkey. We want to find the suitable-budget furnished accommodation (room or small apartment) in Ankara or nearby even villages. We may stay in Turkey for about 1 year, then we should save our money and have budget life. Is it good for us to live in Ankara / nearby or living in other cities and travel to Ankara when we need?

May you help us to find the best way for living in Turkey (Ankara or other cities) with the least prices of living? any good suggestion or offer?

May you tell me about the living prices in Turkey? Accommodation, food & restaurant, Transportation, Internet and so on...

If we can't find furnished flat, can we borrow/rent the basic equipment for living? how much should we pay?

Notes:

* We planned to travel in lately May of 2011 and at least we should stay for 5 months.

* Both of us are male

* We know English but don't know Turkish

* The internet access is necessary for us

With the bests

rahaa

Ankara
1. Re: Living in Ankara

Hi,

Having a budget life wouldn't be a problem in Ankara.

You can easily find a furnished flat in city center for about 400$/month, maybe even less. You need to check local real estates in Cankaya area. So the governmental departments will be close to your home. Even if you couldn't find it furnished, there are plenty of stores selling second hand furniture or any home essentials in Ulus district.

Also end of May is good season to find rentals cheaper because of the school terms are over in June, so the prices will be reduced.

Living outside the city and coming to Ankara when needed would not be the best solution. It can be even expensive because of transportation and more importantly, you can be bored to death.

I recommend a short term contract with Türk Telekom for your Internet connection. They will initiate the service within 1 or 2 days. It's very stable and relatively cost-effective.

Edited: 9:24 am, May 25, 2011
2. Re: Living in Ankara

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 pm, October 28, 2012