We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Its the time for Low Fares again!

Which Manila hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manila, Philippines
reviews: 13
Its the time for Low Fares again!

Oh my goodness! They are at it again! I’ve been getting emails regarding low fares and I thought I’d share the info to others who might not be receiving alerts from these airlines. I remember some of my friends who got mad with envy when I didn't share my info on the P10++ fare and the P1++ fares last year.

Cebu Pacific announced its P99++ fare for most domestic destinations. While for its international routes, its P999++. Of course, the sale period is limited only, (up to Dec 5) and travel must be made between Jan 31-Mar 31 next year. I remember taking advantage of its P10++ fare last year, and the P99++ isn’t that bad. The first thing I checked was the Kalibo and Hong Kong fares. With taxes, a roundtrip ticket to Kalibo would be P2,187.36!!!!! While a Hong Kong RT ticket costs P4,986.42 (excluding the P1,620 travel tax). There are dates already which doesn’t have the low promo fares an hour ago which were still available this morning when I first checked. So I should be deciding fast on where my feet (and my credit card) will bring me next! Checkout www.cebupacificair.com

I also received another email alert from Jetstar! Obviously, I checked it out also, and their RT Manila-Singapore fare amounts to USD$189. I found this still a bit high so I went back to the Cebu Pacific site, their RT fare to Singapore is only P4,925 (just below USD$100!). Note though that the Cebu Pacific flight arrives and departs using Singapore's budget terminal, unlike Jetstar.

I was supposed to post the Buy One, Take One SEAIR promo fare to Caticlan that I saw at their booth last weekend at the World Trade Center bazaar. But it was a two-day promo only, and I saw it on their last day. Too bad.

In case anyone hears similar promos, as long as they really are great deals, hope others can share it here.

Manila, Philippines
reviews: 13
11. Re: Its the time for Low Fares again!

Hahaha! Travel junkies unite! :p

I do hope the other airlines follow CP's gimmicks soon! Though I got several bookings already for Hong Kong, Cebu, Tagbilaran, etc., and am still anticipating the fares to go lower like what they did last March! (And Juanee, I'll bet you they'll bring it lower for leftover flights haha!). Was glad to hear bout the promo extension though am still holding on other trips for a lower fare. (Wishful thinking!)

Honestly, prior to May 2006 I was a loyal PAL passenger for domestic routes. But since I started using my "booked on impulse March 2006" flights CP starting June-October, I actually started enjoying their flights. And though I preferred flying in and out of Terminal 2 before, I got the hang of the old domestic terminal once again.

I'm reserving Seair for Caticlan! Though I do hope they bring the fares down, specially for the 2007 low season!

Hope this post will be updated often. Will be excited to hear new offers soon!

Makati, Philippines
reviews: 51
12. Re: Its the time for Low Fares again!

Hey there...

SEAIR bringing down their fares? How I wish, but (as a famous celeb-utante said) you can (never) can tell ! But since theyre trying to position themselves into a regional carrier (not exactly budget though but they might fly out to singapore, china and taipei in the next year with retired PAL bigwig as their new president!)

They have big dreams and a big budget needed for the dream (and to pay for the Airbuses theyre getting from Tiger)

Now lets all do the novena to St. Jude Thaddeus. hehe

Quezon City
reviews: 1
13. Re: Its the time for Low Fares again!

I JUST BOUGHT A CEBU PACIFIC TKT FOR ABOUT PHP 6000!

Roundtrip to Bangkok. They also now fly to Jakarta. I will backpack with my best friend on February to March for 12 days. Itinerary is Bangkok/ Cambodia/ Bangkok/ Koh Samui/ Phuket/ Phi Phi/ Bangkok.

any suggestions with that itinerary? i bought a lonely palnet SEasia on a shoestring book already...

other airlines that offer cehap flights:

tiger airways ( i used this las year to Singapore then overland to Kuala Lumpur)

air asia (for cheap flights to Kuala and Kota Kinabalu)

jetstar (noww flies to australia i think)

---also, check out the travel fares for great discounts:

travel mart --every august

travel & tour expo--every february

they are usu held at the Megatrade megamall

Makati, Philippines
reviews: 51
14. Re: Its the time for Low Fares again!

hi

Php 3500 roundtrip SEAIR to caticlan from Jan 15-MArch 31 but i think its one of those with many restrictions.

enjoy kids and merry christmas

15. Re: Its the time for Low Fares again!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, August 24, 2009